• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pryz not wanted in Atlanta?

Diesel

Quote:

Actually, I was referring to JJ and Phoenix, If you had noticed.

oh please, you know damn well you were using JJ as an example to show that they could sign Pryz for as much as they want:

Quote:

A team can still sign it's own FAs for whatever they want to sign them for

Quote:

If Portland were willing to do a SNT they would probably want some of our Salary cap (as it is called).. Similar to what we did with Phoenix, send PTL a player or pick and they end up signing for what would be over the cap but not really spending that much.

it is obvious you were implying Portland could resign him for a lot and SNT him to us, when the truth is what exodus said, MLE is the most they can give him

Yes, he was so tired of losing he rushed off to Portland to take half the amount that BK gave Collier..Get real..Why is it so damn hard for some of you guys to accept that not signing Pryz instead of Collier was just a mistake on BK's part? Like giving Nazr away for a 2nd rounder? Like skipping Duhon twice for Donta and Ivy?..As much as some of you want to worship BK he is just human, he makes an occasional mistake..

Quote:

Honestly I couldn't care less either way. Pryz is not that good a player.

I don't know what you have against Przy. The Hawks interior D sucks and interior D is his strong suit. Just because he doesn't score doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

Tmac in case you didn't notice Diesel posted an article that said Joel was upset when BK fired Stotts since Joel was tight with Stotts. That seems to be why he left.

I'm not sure what those other deals have to do with this one. Shipping Nazr was a mistake. 2nd round drafting is a crapshoot, you can look at any draft and find a great 2nd rounder that 20 gms mistakenly passed on.

As for Pryz, if what BK says matches up with what Pryz says, I see no reason to assume he's lying. If I was Pryz, I probably would have left town too. Playing for a winner increases your visibility and your value

Quote:

I don't know what you have against Przy. The Hawks interior D sucks and interior D is his strong suit. Just because he doesn't score doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

I really don't have anything against him. I would be fine with him coming back and he could help us. What I have a problem with is people on this board obsessing over him for two years as if failing to find a way to re-sign him was a big deal. Yes he could have helped, but so what? There are dozens and dozens of FA's out there that could help us. Namely anyone over 6'9" who plays D.

Why the fascination with a career 4pt/5reb/1.7blk guy? That's what irritates me, it's just a case of the grass is greener. Yes so we missed out on a guy who's best year is 7/8/2.5 , and we went and found a 12/9/.7 guy to replace him, who also gets almost 2 assists and 1 steal per game.

What I'm getting at is every single team out there has failed to re-sign a player who goes on to do as well or better than Pryz. We are the only ones desperate enough to cry over a guy of that caliber 2 years later. It's ridiculous to me.

But like I said, I have no problem with the guy, he's a half-decent center. I just don't like this board's obsession with him.

Quote:

Money talks, if we had offered him the same deal we gave Collier he would be a Hawk..

This is nonsense, not all players just look at the dollars, especially if they have a personal problem with how a franchise is being run. That is why teams like us have to overpay for FA's.

I don't see what's so unlikely about Pryz telling BK right off the bat that he's not interested in re-signing, before any offers are even made. And BK going out and signing Collier later.

Why is that so impossible?

Why is this even an issue?

Quote:

Why the fascination with a career 4pt/5reb/1.7blk guy?

Because he is one of the top interior defenders in the league and the Hawks D sucks. He is playing only 27 minutes and is still getting 8 rebounds and is 5th in the league in blocks. he plays good man as well as help d.

I couldn't care less what happened two years ago I am only interested in what is happening now.

Quote:

Because he is one of the top interior defenders in the league

He is not one of the top interior defenders in the league. He is a decent interior defender who gets a lot of blocks. Even per 48 minutes, he is the 30th best rebounder in the league, and we all know that players don't always get that much more stats when they get the minutes. The guys is a decent role player we should attempt to get, but he is nothing to go nutty over.