• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I think we really missed out on this one!!!!!!!!!

jpierrek

Chris paul is leading by long shot!!!!!!! His stats are incredible and he is only a rookie. I know Marvin will be great someday but i see chris paul being the next baron davis like player with a better upside. (baron didn't have this kind of rookie year.) Paul is leading in four important stats among his own team. He is not only impressive among rookies but as well as in the entire NBA. I wished we drafted Chris Paul rather than Marvin. WE Desparately needed a PG and a superstar; we would of gotten it with Paul. (Think about the back court of Paul and J.J. pushing the ball for al, smoove, chillz, salim, zaza, etc. I know with the starting line up of:

paul

j.j.

al

smoove

zaza

we could of made the playoffs with an ease; on the flip side: if we played horrible with that line up then we would go after alridge in the draft; after next year with paul, alridge and a free agency like nene, we would of been one ot the top 5 teams in the east for sure....

take a look at the rookie rankings:

http://www.nba.com/rookie_rankings/

1.CHRIS PAUL, G, NEW ORLEANS/OKLAHOMA CITY

MPG PPG RPG APG SPG BPG FG% 3P% FT%

37.2 16.7 6.2 7.1 2.29 0.04 .450 .255 .793

Last week: 1

This may have been Chris Paul's best week of the season. The Hornets beat the Suns, Clippers and Spurs (they also lost to Phoenix) with Paul leading the way. Check out his number for the week on the right. On Sunday, he was just one assist shy of a triple-double while turning the ball over just once as the Hornets shocked the champs. There's still room on the CP3 bandwagon. Climb aboard.

If we went for the other need of center: how well would of Frye fill that void:

2. CHANNING FRYE, C, NEW YORK

MPG PPG RPG APG SPG BPG FG% 3P% FT%

27.9 14.8 6.5 1.0 0.59 0.95 .514 .500 .870

Last week: 2

Channing Frye is the lone bright spot on a Knicks team that has lost six straight. Frye had a huge game against fellow rookie Andrew Bogut on Monday night, scoring 30 points on 14-of-18 from the field. Bogut couldn't stay with Frye on the perimeter and Frye rained down mid-range jumpers all night.

starting line up:

lue

j.j.

al

zaza

frye

that would not have been that bad.......good interior presence.and if we sucked this year then go after rondo in the next years draft. it would of still feeled the pg and c need with talent and go after nene in free agency.

i guess i'm just tired of Atlanta always being the "could of or should of team" and do the right things.

peace out hawks fans........... confused.gifconfused.gif

PS tell me what you think? Draft and Free Agency is beneficial if we get better as a team and the Fans, owners, coaches, and players collectively know that and are on the same page.

it's in the past and over with, but i was just saying....so the Mgmt of the Hawks will not keep making the same mistakes.

Just remember next year could be this year looking back to this year 's draft!!! at that time, do you want to say the same thing should of, would of, could of or finally do the right thing? you tell me?

Remember: Intellectuals solve problems; Genuises prevent them:

Quoted by Einstein!

BK as a genius= Chris Paul

BK as a intellectual= Marvin Williams

It's not a mistake.

Tell me. What part of Chris Paul fits on a long, athletic team? All 5'11" of him with his flipper arms and below average defense.

Marvin is the more talented player, and in 2-3 years time, it will be very easy to look back upon drafting him and say that it was a no brainer.

Taking Chris Paul over Marvin Williams would be like taking Chauncey Billups over Tracy McGrady in the long haul.

You have this strange manlove for BK so you think he cannot make a mistake...NEWSFLASH,,Paul may be better right now than Marvin will ever be..His stats are great..Prove what you keep saying about his defense..Prove it..Paul is better..BK screwed up, live with it..

how about ZaZa? Neither of those guys are long and athletic. All Paul has done is become an All-Star caliber PG on a bad team, in the Western Conference, as a rookie. All Marvin has done is had 2 good games, one of which was completely against backup players.

You have this clouded vision that BK wants this super long, athletic, defensive oriented team and yet everything he has done goes against that theory. Everytime he picks a C for the Hawks, its a guy that isnt long or athletic by any means and is far more offensive minded than defensive. Same with his PGs.

Quote:

It's not a mistake.

Tell me. What part of Chris Paul fits on a long, athletic team? All 5'11" of him with his flipper arms and below average defense.

Marvin is the more talented player, and in 2-3 years time, it will be very easy to look back upon drafting him and say that it was a no brainer.

Taking Chris Paul over Marvin Williams would be like taking Chauncey Billups over Tracy McGrady in the long haul.

I'll take Chancey, his NBA title and ability to win games over McGrady and his mutlitude of talents. McGrady's talent does not translate into wins. Billups is the engine of an NBA champion.

In 1995 Wolves fans wished Laetner+Damon Stoudamire would have been so much better than Laetner+Garnett. Damon was burning up the league. Well, Garnett showed up at the end of the year.

In 1997 Toronto Raptors wished they had Brevin Night to ally-oop to Vince. Not waste a pick on Tracy McGrady. Tracy showed his toughness against the Knicks in the playoffs.

Remember Nowitzky, AK took time to catch up.

Compare John Stockton's rookie year and Paul's. Everyone would pick Paul over John right?

Cut Marvin some slacks. He could explode and make you look bad.

Quote:

It's not a mistake.

bad example

The thing about having a winning team, a team needs to assemble like a winning team every year! Look at the Pistons for an example:

billup-runs the show and the floor general

hamilton-relentless scorer(literately wears out his defenders)

prince-lean; can score and play great defense

r wallace-scorer/great defender

b wallace-block and true defensive presence in the middle

another example the san antonio spurs:

parker-runs the show and the floor general

ginoboli-relentless scorer and also wears out his defenders

bowen-shoots threes and plays great defense

tduncan-scorer/great defender

mohammed-not as good as bwallace, but he defends with a little better offensive moves.

so you see the championship formula; it almost mirrors itself from one another.

We are alot like the Golden state warriors who has a lot of talent but too many good talents at the same position; they are trying to trade some of their forwards for a Center; just look at their team from last year and this year from picking up baron davis as their floor general. (Much Improved) He positions everyone in their positions and bring s the best out of them.

Once again. kb think about it. you are telling me this would not have been better?

paul-the floor general who literately is the hornets...period

j.j.-relentless scorer who plays great defense

al-scorer with lesser defense

smoove-blocks shots and will be a star soon when he puts it together

zaza-not your defensive presence, but he can score and rebound.

paul has shown maturity and pose that is beyond his years. We would of gotten a proven leader who would of made everyone on our team better. We have the parts; we just need the engine to run them. Hornets are almost a 500 team and they don't have the near talent as we do.

so we are not exactly there yet, but we would of been close. just few more pieces and molding and working together as a team would of made us great in just 2 years.

Lastly, if we made the right decision why are we still looking for a PG and a C? An some people on this board are looking at Watson as our PG. That's crazy. let's not go after a superstar like deron or paul but lets get someone who is no where the status of lue..

thanks for the support guys on this note.......

Go Hawks!!!!!!!One day we will do the right things grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

ps. i am tired of drafting people and letting them go; for example, jamal tinsley-the starting pt for indiana

boris diaw-who is becoming a star in phoenix....we could of given someone else.it wasn't his fault...it was the coaching;s fault on his development.. i think bk can see talent when he drafts but he needs a coach and a staff who is experienced in developing young players...do you think it is the case with smoove, chillz, or even marvin? diaw didn't even get 3 years....he could of played well here if we had a steve nash kind of player like chris paul. Great PG's make others so much better (ex. kidd, nash, stockton, and doc rivers)also, Look at demarr johnson. he killed us in that denver game...we let him go after drafting him 6th (once again going after potential over proven) because of a car wreck after 2 years of service. what i remember of him in atlanta is that he was just coming to his own!!! if we draft potential over proven then we need to keep them and develop them...like smoove, chillz, marvin, and salim...i can't see another player turn out just like diaw..it makes me sick. I remember hearing steve nash say after a game that all plays go through diaw. amazing! no comment! im out!

Chauncey Billups and Tony Parker aren't prototypical PGs and Ben Wallace is not a prototypical Center... give BK a chance to bring in a center (or try) a lot of GMs are having trouble finding one....I 'm not sure the Hawks are in that much of a dire need at PG right now...When they play well which is more often lately they score over 100 points and have over 25 assists..with chemistry the no PG formula appears to be looking better for BK..this team would be at .500 if it had more defense in the paint / physical body.

• Premium Member

Quote:

All Marvin has done is had 2 good games, one of which was completely against backup players.

Both times were against backup players... We were blown out against Miami and Phoenix... Hence.. "The master of Garbage time."

WHAT!!!!! You mean.. we passed on Chris Paul and he's doing well??

I HAD NO IDEA!!

You should be given a medal for your brilliant, insightful contributions to mankind.

Wow, I had absolutely never even considered the possibilites you brought up in your original post. Could I send you some money to reward you for enlightening me? Just send me your address in a private message!

You aren't paying a damn bit of attention.

Look at essentially every draft pick that BK has made. His draft picks are guys who are long and athletic, versatile, or a combination of both.

His first draft pick in Memphis/Vancouver was Stromile Swift. 6'9", extremely athletic, long arms, versatile player.

His second draft pick in Memphis was Pau Gasol. A 7'1" athlete with versatile skills, long arms, and great athleticism.

His third draft pick was Shane Battier. While he isn't the prototype for long and athletic, he is a very versatile player that brought a great skill set to the table.

His second round choices that year were Will Solomon, a 6'1" combo guard, and Antonis Fotsis, a 6'9", long, versatile European player.

His first draft choice in Atlanta was Boris Diaw. A long, athletic, versatile player. Travis Hansen was a very athletic player who could play more than one position.

Josh Childress -- Long, athletic, versatile

Josh Smith -- Long, athletic, Versatile

Royal Ivey -- Long for a PG, athletic, versatile

Donta Smith -- Long, athletic, versatile

Marvin Williams - Long, athletic, versatile

Salim Stoudamire - Versatile

Free agent signings:

Joe Johnson - Long, athletic, versatile

Zaza Pachulia - skillful and versatile

Trade Acquisitions:

Al Harrington - Long, athletic, versatile

This philosophy is not a myth. It is a cold, hard fact.

Uh, no.

He showed the trend at the college level. Every point guard he faced scored over their average for the year against him.

The New Orleans Hornets allow 106 points per game with Paul on the floor. With him off the floor, they allow 101 points per game. His on the floor/off the floor +/- number is -5.7.

Opposing point guards are averaging 21.5 ppg and are shooting an effective FG% of 51% against Chris Paul. Teams find it very easy to shoot over Chris Paul with his little midget frame.