• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dre' Miller to Atlanta??

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

So, you have a player that isn't athletically gifted and also doesn't bring a high skill level to the table, and he's a good fit for this team?

Hmm. Where's Dr. Z with that non-sequitur joke again?

But to answer your fallacious question anyway: "Yes." A team of athletes needs a leader, and the best one available this year or next is Andre Miller.

He would be a great fit for this team.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see it now. Andre Miller becomes the Hawks point guard, and suddenly, they feel the need to quit trying to get out and run offensively. Suddenly, the good positioning and ball movement comes to a hault. Andre Miller may average 8 assists per game, but the team will probably get around 15 assists per game because he will dominate the basketball and slow the motion down.

Quote:

Quote:

The only true knock on his game is his lack of three-point range

So, you have a player that isn't athletically gifted and also doesn't bring a high skill level to the table, and he's a good fit for this team?

Obviously you cannot compare Miller with Magic or Kidd, but you realize that Magic Johnson wasn't that fleet of foot and lead the most successful running team of all time and Jason Kidd does not have great foot speed but can push the ball up the court.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I can see it now.

You mean you're making it up.

KB, the Nuggets have been top2 in team assists last year, averaging more per game than Phoenix. They're top2 again this year.

Miller doesn't slow their team down, and he wouldn't slow the Hawks down. He would make them more efficient, and allow JJ to play off the ball more, where he's clearly more effective.

How about the fact that he is a pure PG with great vision, who would get the most out of our HUGE investments in Smoove and Chillz. Right now we dont have a PG even capable of seeing those guys when they slash, which is a HUGE part of their games. Miller isnt an uptempo guard, but he is significantly better than anyone we have right now and likely anyone we will be able to get in next years draft.

Quote:

There's a difference between a player who CAN'T play up-tempo, and a player who knows WHEN to play up-tempo. Miller is the latter. He's a smart, controlled player who would be an excellent addition to the Hawks.

I agree all the way. I'm not sure who KB has been watching. I would say that Miller's best attribute is probably that he can run a fast break or a half-court game with equal ease. My only issues with him are his age and the fact that he seems to have become more enamored with shooting and less with passing since his Cleveland days. That being said, he is much, much, much better than anything we have. And you could get him and still draft a guy like Rondo to learn the NBA game from a successful starter.

Dre Miller is a top 10 PG in this league and would make us vastly better

Marvin/Chill are not quite ready to be good starters, but they can learn on the job

Miller

JJ

Marvin/Chill

Smith

Zaza

provides enough offense and our defense is vastly improved. We can then choose to draft a PG or a big, but we no longer have such a glaring hole.

Anyhow, it depends on what BK is hearing from Al, but to suggest that Miller would prevent us from running is flat out laughable. He would immediately increase our fastbreak game drastically. Did you see how many alley-oops he found on us, even in the half-court set? I can only imagine how often he would find Smoove on the baseline for easy oops.

Quote:

Actually, those statistics someone posted with Denver having the #8 offense ALSO showed that Denver was #2 in Assists. That has to count for something. You know Carmelo isn't passing the ball so they have to come from someone.

Dre Miller is currently 4th in the league at 8.5 apg, his best average since cleveland.

Year by year, miller's assists per game since he came in are

the current skillset of Chillz and Smoove by having them be constantly ingnored when they slash to the basket, as they are time and again and again and again. I dont know if you watch the games or if you pay attention to that, but tonight you should pay special attention to how many times Chillz and Smoove cut to the basket for easy dunks or layups, only to have Lue or JJ dribbling the ball around at the top of the key looking to get JJ or Al the ball. Its like they are just running around being useless, or eventually standing still because they never get the ball when they slash. Hell how many alley oops have you seen Smoove get this year? Very few thats for sure. At least Kenny Anderson was lobbing him the ball last year. Lue and Ivey and JJ cant even do that ... although I dont blame JJ since he isnt a PG anyway.

I agree it drives me nuts. Chill comes off a screen and drives down the middle of the lane from top to bottom. Smoove fakes his man on the baseline and sprints from the 3 pt line to the basket along the baseline. No pass comes. I see this many times each game and it drives me nuts. We need a PG in here, even if it's just a temporary fix. Miller would do wonder for us. He can score almost as much as Al (although not quite as much), and he can boost everyone else's scoring. Especially the Joshes and Marvin. They are dying for a playmaker. Dying. All 3 of those would blossom with a guy like Dre

by that. Of course KB apparently cant see this ... and maybe he is okay with wasting those players skillsets and maybe someday when they are playing for someone else who will utilize their skillsets he will look back and thing damn, why couldnt they do this here?

I fail to see the problem when the team as a whole has been averaging around 25 assists per game over the last ten games or so. The Hawks have been getting great team passing during their current run, and to bring in a guy like Andre Miller who will slow everything down and decrease the motion of the offense.

Quote:

I hope you are sarcastic with that. Boris Diaw is nothing like Lamar Odom.

u said lamar is the ONLY player in the league who can effectively play all 5 positions

but that's wrong

boris has shown on phoenix that he can effectively play the 4/5 and we already know he can effectively play the 1/2/3

in fact, he has a positive +/- in FOUR positions this year

so therefore odom is NOT the only player who can effectively play all 5 positions

and i'm not so sure lamar CAN play the 1/2 effectively

Once again. Boris Diaw is no Lamar Odom. When Boris Diaw can average 17 ppg, 9 rpg, and 5 apg over an entire season while shooting a good percentage from the floor and behind the arc, then you can compare him to Lamar Odom. He would also need to grow about 2 inches as well.

Quote:

Once again. Boris Diaw is no Lamar Odom. When Boris Diaw can average 17 ppg, 9 rpg, and 5 apg over an entire season while shooting a good percentage from the floor and behind the arc, then you can compare him to Lamar Odom.

????

NOBODY said diaw is as good as odom or does the things he did

ALL we said was that boris can play every position in the game, so odom isn't the only one

it doesn't matter if boris is 1/100th as good as odom; if he can effectively play all 5 positions (which he can), then that is a counter argument to your 'theory'

how good or bad diaw and odom are has NOTHING to do with the argument or counterargument