• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Time for me to bash Woody

exodus

I haven't been on Woody's case much but now I have to give him some grief. Josh Smith was the only guy playing D in the first half. His reward was to sit in the second half. I don't think he played at all in the 4th quarter. You have to have him in the game to protect the rim at the end of the game.

I don't understand why Childress is always in at crunch time. He can't shoot and gets beat off the dribble by almost everyone he faces and they are able to get all the way to the basket without anyone there to contest the shot since Smith is on the bench.

If Harrington is holding anyone back it is Smith. The way Smith is playing he deserves 30 minutes a game. He was the only one that had any effectiveness on D at all in the first half. He stopped Bosh and Villa when they tried to take him off the dribble and he also had 3 blocks in the first half.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

So you would rather blame Harrington for eating up Smith's minutes when Harrington leads us in scoring on 11 for 17 shooting and adds to our effort but you want to IGNORE the 22 minutes that Marvin did nothing but run up and down the floor.

I told you before we drafted Marvin that this is what would happen. Marvin would suck and he would suck up time from JC and JS and eventually many of the nimwits would want to trade away our best offensive weapon to go in the tank to give hopeless Marvin more playing time.

Giving Marvin more playing time, won't make the pick right.

Trading Al away won't make the pick right.

All that would do is send us in the tank... make us the league's laughingstock. .. And screw us for the next 3 yrs.

Especially if we take a deal like that Minny deal that's making the rounds.

Come on, are you all that stupid to believe it's a good deal??

You could have said Al for a lifetime quantity of Corndogs and I would have given you more respect. For at least then you would have told the truth.. you just want Al Gone. But to try to say that getting Back Jaric and Croshere and the 27th pick in the draft is progress is a slap in the face to knowledgable NBA fans. Next, you'd be saying that Marvin is the next Jordan or that JJ is a top ten PG.

Quote:

But to try to say that getting Back Jaric and Croshere and the 27th pick in the draft is progress is a slap in the face to knowledgable NBA fans.

That would be a retarded deal.

A lot of people have been arguing here than Harrington has been holding Marvin back, but I believe it is Smith who is being held back. Smith is productive when he plays.

Harrington is gone, it is just a question of when. You'll just have to get over it.

• Premium Member

If Smith plays PF and Al plays Sf, how is Al holding Smith back?

If Smith plays Sf and Al plays PF, how is Al holding Smith back?

There's only one player sucking time from Smith and it's not AL. Had we drafted Paul or Deron, there would be no problem.

• Premium Member

Harrington's foot may be out the door in your book, but let's check the record...

A few weeks we could have gotten Nene and Watson for Harrington... BK Says NO deal.

We could have gotten Nene for Harrington... BK says you got to give me more.

(rumored) We could have gotten Piakwoski, Songalia 1st for Harrington No deal.

We could have gotten something from NY (maybe QRich or James) ... No Deal. This is more than rumored because BK came out and said that the only thing he would take from NY is Frye...

I'm sure that there have been other deals...

However, Al is still here.

Most of the time when somebody has a foot out the door, any good deal will do.. however, BK has been very picky. So the truth is that if a good deal comes along, Al can be traded... BUT Hell, isn't that true of everybody wearing a Hawks Jersey.. I mean if the Lakers said Kobe for JJ/Chillz don't you think they'd be on their way to LAL with an Odom is number 1 sign in their hand?? If the Pistons said Wallace for Smoove/Marvin, don't you thnk Smoove and Marvin will be in Lennox Square buying coats and gators for their trip!

2 losses does not a trade make.

Quote:

So you would rather blame Harrington for eating up Smith's minutes when Harrington leads us in scoring on 11 for 17 shooting and adds to our effort but you want to IGNORE the 22 minutes that Marvin did nothing but run up and down the floor.

I told you before we drafted Marvin that this is what would happen. Marvin would suck and he would suck up time from JC and JS and eventually many of the nimwits would want to trade away our best offensive weapon to go in the tank to give hopeless Marvin more playing time.

Giving Marvin more playing time, won't make the pick right.

Trading Al away won't make the pick right.

All that would do is send us in the tank... make us the league's laughingstock. .. And screw us for the next 3 yrs.

Especially if we take a deal like that Minny deal that's making the rounds.

Come on, are you all that stupid to believe it's a good deal??

You could have said Al for a lifetime quantity of Corndogs and I would have given you more respect. For at least then you would have told the truth.. you just want Al Gone. But to try to say that getting Back Jaric and Croshere and the 27th pick in the draft is progress is a slap in the face to knowledgable NBA fans. Next, you'd be saying that Marvin is the next Jordan or that JJ is a top ten PG.

are you that stupid to believe Marvin won't be a good player here or does your artificially fabricated hate obsession with this guy blur YOUR judgement?

you find a way to turn every thread into an i hate marvin thread. should mother theresa be cannonized? "well damnit if it weren't for Marvin she'd already be a saint!" give it a rest, it's getting really old.

the decision to post that picture of Marvin on the floor only validates what we already know, you've got some sick obsession with the Hawks drafting this guy. anyone and everyone else would have and has moved on. so should you.

• Premium Member

So Nick in other words, you want to trade Al to give Woody less choices?

You want to trade to make coaching better??

That's about the dumbest thing I have ever heard...

So I guess that you would also trade Zaza to make Marvin a better rebounder... and trade Salim to make Chillz shoot more threes??

• Premium Member

No, I would rather Marvin Prove me wrong because I'm a Hawks fan...

BUT....

Because I'm a hawks fan (unlike yourself)... I don't want to see the Hawks management destroy the team in order to give Marvin a chance.

You don't have to guess where I am with Marvin.. yes, I'm going to ride him... Because HE IS THE HIGHEST DRAFTED PLAYER IN HAWKS HISTORY... For that honor and that distinction, he needs to do MORE than 22 minutes 4 points 5 rebounds... Sheez,, John Edwards can do better.

Moreover, for all of you who cry about Tmac, KG, and Kobe.. All of those guys were picked Lower and none of those guys went to college like Marvin...

• Admin

But using Kobe, KG and Tmac as reasons why Marvin should be excused from criticism this year, just doesn't work.

As rookies, they ALL put up better stats in fewer minutes, with the exception of KG. KG played 28 compared to Marvins 22. But his stats simply dwarfed Marvins in every regard.

As I said, I will reserve judgement for seasons end. But if his numbers aren't up there, I will consider his rookie season (not him, just his season) a disappointment.

Quote:

But using Kobe, KG and Tmac as reasons why Marvin should be excused from criticism this year, just doesn't work.

As rookies, they ALL put up better stats in fewer minutes, with the exception of KG. KG played 28 compared to Marvins 22. But his stats simply dwarfed Marvins in every regard.

As I said, I will reserve judgement for seasons end. But if his numbers aren't up there, I will consider his rookie season (not him, just his season) a disappointment.

I agree. The logjam at forward is definitely going to limit the development of Smoove, Childress and Marvin. The problem is that Al is clearly the Hawks best forward, so it is going to take trading him away to alleviate the logjam which will in term potentially result in a less productive forward tandem.

Maybe Smoove et al. will develop by next season . . .

i wanna trade al because he'll be an UFA and he's not a good enough defender and is gonna want 8-10+ mil/year

i've wanted us to trade him since last spring, so it has NOTHING to do with marvin

i'm merely saying that a byproduct of trading him is that the other players will get more chances and hopefully play in their best position....last spring when al was out we still averaged 97+ppg

• Premium Member

Even if it's not your motive to trade for Marvin sakes, it's not right to trade AL unless you get back good value.

Moreover, the way free agency is set up, Al would have to lose all his bird rights and in essence not like BK to just walk.. so I don't see the problem with keeping Al.

Lastly, I won't say that Al is not worth the 8-10 million to keep him. We almost paid 70 million for KMart and Al is twice the player Kmart is. I think getting Al for 6 yr 55 million is a very fair deal.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Because I'm a hawks fan (unlike yourself)...

i love when people say stuff like this

I think the picture in his signature makes whether or not he is a hawks' fan very clear

He's more of a 'winning arguments on the internet' fan smile.gif