• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Time for me to bash Woody

exodus

Quote:

You're basing my fandom on my sig picture...

No I'm basing it on your unrelenting spamming of the board with hundreds of useless threads whose only purpose is to say "Marvin will be a failure of epic proportions and I will be happy because I told you so"

Quote:

For months didn't you have the picture of BK not shaking Belk's hand... Belk was still an owner, this incident represented probably the lowest moment in Hawks history.. Yet you glorified it as your sig file...

R U a Hawks fan?

No I did not, but I did have anti-belkin stuff. As I said earlier, "The only reason I have disliked any hawks is if they were selfish on or off the court, putting their interests above the team. " Which is EXACTLY what Belkin did. He violated the rules and try to usurp his position to put his own interests (making money by losing on the cheap) ahead of those of the team (build a winner).

What has Marvin ever done to make you root against him? He seems like a nice guy to me, and he did not decide who drafted him

I'm not even going to adress your 1000th false analogy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

what's the purpose?"

There is no purpose. Maybe some people, like me, just accept the fact that we have no clue how Marvin will turn out. Personally I see the potential, but I need a magnifying glass to see the production.

Only time will tell how good he will be. For the most part I just try to avoid talking about him until he does something worth mentioning.

Quote:

What is worst than an extremist however is an arrogant, smug joker who sits on both sides of the fence and has no opinion. It makes me say... "what's the purpose?"

Hopefully you're not referring to me here, as I am neither arrogant nor smug. And I'm not sure what you mean by sitting on both sides of the fence and having no opinion. Everyone has opinions, but to pretend you can sit behind a keyboard and foretell someone's future is just plain foolishness, unless one happens to be Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, Miss Cleo (haha), or has a damn good crystal ball- and I'm pretty confident that none of us can make claim to any of those things.

To say 'I don't know" is not to mean that one doesn't have an opinion, it's just very straightforward honesty to admit that you don't know- and it's ok to not know and to admit that. I don't know what will happen to Marvin. I don't know that he'll explode into the next superduperstar, I don't know that he'll become a major bust, or maybe he'll fall somewhere in between those two opposite spectrums. That's the thing, I don't know that, you don't know that, KB21 doesn't know that- no one knows it, not even Marvin Williams himself. You may think one thing about him, KB may think another, I may think a third, but that's just speculation and opinion on our part- nothing more and nothing less. But to try and represent that opinion as some sort of absolute truth is just bullsh*t, and that's something that both you and KB are guilty of I'm afraid.

...someone is being "held back". However that is not Woody's problem (although he may lose his job over it) or Harrington's, Smith's, or Marvin's (although they might not develop). It is BK's problem, one that HE created, and it would seem more would be up in arms over it.

W

actually, diesel is VERY similiar to nostrodamus

he makes 103141314 predictions and then when 1 or 2 of those come true, he brings up old posts to show how he was right

an infinite number of monkeys on an infinite number of typewriters with an infinite amount of time (and paper and ribbon) will write the entire works of shakespeare

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Because I'm a hawks fan (unlike yourself)...

i love when people say stuff like this

I think the picture in his signature makes whether or not he is a hawks' fan very clear

He's more of a 'winning arguments on the internet' fan smile.gif

I see. Anyone know what the world record for most number of interlaced quotes on a message board is?

nowhere even close to this

it's at least triple digits

ok well never mind then

alrighty then

interlaced? isn't the proper term "nested?"

That's true, but it's not a problem if you assume that Al is leaving after this year. It gives Marvin a year (or a half a year depending on when Al leaves) of little minutes to get as comfortable as possible. And after that

1-

2-JJ

3-Marvin

4-Smoove

5-

With Chill as a backup seems appropriate. It only becomes a problem if Al is re-signed. At that point, it would make sense for one player to go, probably Chill.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think the picture in his signature makes whether or not he is a hawks' fan very clear

I see. Anyone know what the world record for most number of interlaced quotes on a message board is?

ok well never mind then

alrighty then

Thank you! That's the word I was going for! I spent about 10 seconds thinking about it, and it's the best I could come up with.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok well never mind then

alrighty then

Thank you! That's the word I was going for! I spent about 10 seconds thinking about it, and it's the best I could come up with.

hey, don't steal my thunder. i just posted that so i could have the record. now i have it back smile.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok well never mind then

alrighty then

hey, don't steal my thunder. i just posted that so i could have the record. now i have it back smile.gif

Congratulations on your new record

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok well never mind then

alrighty then

Congratulations on your new record

well done guys

Quote:

I'm not sure which is more irritating- Diesel with his extreme anti-Marvin bias or KB21 with his equally over the top, "Marvin will be one of the best players in the league in 3 years time, and this is as good as Chris Paul is ever going to be." spiel. Diesel and KB21 represent the most extremist viewpoints on both ends of the spectrum, so I guess they're probably equally irritating- as extremists always are, no matter what stripes they wear or view they represent.

The other point about extremists is that they're always very, very loud and persistent in trying to promulgate their views, and that loudness tends to drown out any and all more reasonable viewpoints. I myself am a member of the mostly silent majority, those who are honest enough with ourselves to admit that we have no idea what Marvin's future holds, we have no idea how good (or how much a possible bust) he might be, but just basically keeping our fingers crossed, hoping for the best for him and that everything works out.

that is the point i was trying to make. i just needed somebody smarter than me to make it. the name calling was not the intent of that post.

Marvin shouldn't even be playing right now. we shouldn't be having this discussion until the middle of next year.