• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chicago's coming for Al (Probably)...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Ben Gordon has stated that he's unhappy. I don't know if he wants a trade but couple that with their lack of scoring and maybe they call BK in the middle of the night whispering sweet nothings...

If their package involved Gordon and NY's first and they take a PG off our hands...I would consider it. Especially if they give up Sweetney too.

Where's that Mudderfudder??

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Chicago giving up Ben Gordon & what's likely to be a top 3 pick for Al Harrington. However, I think they might trade Tim Thomas, Sweetney & the Knicks pick for Harrington, Delk, Edwards & either Ivey or Donta. We may just do TT & the Knicks pick for Al & Delk which also works under the cap.

the risk/reward is much better in the Chicago scenario than the Denver scenario. even if we got Nene and Miller a deal involving Gordon would fit our team better.

a point not made about Miller in earlier posts is that the Hawks are probably looking for someone to play the point that will be here for the next 8 years. that fits their plan with JJ, Chill, Smoove, and Marvin. it just makes sense to trade for a young player vs one that is 30.

i do think if we don't move Al in this Artest sweepstakes we won't get as much value later. people wouldn't necessarily be trading for Al, they'd be brokering with us for Artest, a much much better player. Indiana already knows they will not get equal value in return. if an Artest trade is announced that doesn't involve Harrington we'll have to hold onto him and hope for the best IMO.

Quote:

Why would Chicago trade what will likely be a top3 pick in the draft for a player that will be a FA at year's end?

Ah, that's right. They wouldn't.

This is obviously correct. And they couldn't care less about moving Tim Thomas. He's sitting at home and will come off the books at the end of the year. No way they can justify giving away a top pick like that

My rationale behind this thought is that Chicago is hurting for a consistant post presence. I don't think it's any secret that they would love to get Harrington, the question is, "How much will they pay?" Will they give up the NY pick? Not likely, but that is what it will probably take if they want to trade. We won't trade for the Bulls actual pick, because if they make the playoffs, that pick will go to Phoenix.

I will admit the probability of it happening is very small, but I can't see any other trade happening between us & Chicago for Harrington unless a 3rd team is involved.

i'd do harrington for henrich and a throw in. i don't think gordon is the pure point our team needs. he's a more explosive jason terry. what we need is a chris paul type (I can't believe I'm setting the bar with a rookie), a true floor general that creates for the team around him.

after careful consideration, i am in favor of trading al. our future is with smith and williams at the F position. the sooner these guys are immersed in PT, particularly with a good point to create for them, they'll be much better...

flava

I could see them moving Sweetney, or Nocioni, or maybe Duhon (although I doubt it). I would love to get Nocioni and Sweetney for Al, but I dont think they would do that. I just dont see them moving Gordon for anything at this point, although I would love to have him.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I could see them moving Sweetney, or Nocioni, or maybe Duhon (although I doubt it). I would love to get Nocioni and Sweetney for Al, but I dont think they would do that. I just dont see them moving Gordon for anything at this point, although I would love to have him.

Now that's a much more realistic scenario. Kudos.

The point is that teams with upcoming cap space don't move good players on rookie contracts for players they can sign outright in the offseason.

Again, I think there are two trade possibilities with Chicago for Al:

1. Sweetney/filler

2. Songaila/Chicago pick/filler

Filler = Piatkowski, Pargo, Harrington, etc.

IMO, the 2nd trade is much more realistic, because Sweetney doesn't really fit in well with the Hawks' current players/style.

Songaila would basically replace Harrington for the remainder of the season, and the draft pick would likely be in the 12-18 range.

I'd do it, but not until the trading deadline. In the meantime, I would search for a better trade possibility...