• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Here's that trade....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Salim/Batista/2nd to PTL for Blake/1st.

I like Salim, but I don't see Salim having the room to grow. I think eventually, he will want a space of his own to grow. He's a SG... Not a PG. And there's no way that he moves ahead of JJ... Ever. I think we can win if we get a PG to replace him... and the PG I like is Blake. I think Blake has proven that he can run an offense. I know we passed over him this offseason, but this trade can make up for our mistake.

PTL gets a Shooter. PTLs main problem is tht they have a lot of post up players/Slashers but nobody that can spread the defense. Salim is a perfect fit for them. He can play alongside Jack and put up threes and make other teams spread out their defense and open up lanes for Miles, Patterson, and Randolph to work... The Blazers also get Batista. A good project big man.

We get a first from the deal.

I would trade Salim for Jack in a nanosecond but would have to think about it for Salim. Realistically, I think a good point guard is a lot more valuable to the team then a good shooter off the bench - a guy whose minutes will always be limited because the face of the franchise starts in front of him. That said, I probably would do the trade.

• Premium Member

Maybe BK figured out that JJ is not a PG and that this team would function a whole lot better with a real PG than with another scorer off the bench.

Seriously... Lue is a scorer off the bench...

However, we won't need much scoring off the bench IF we can get a PG who can run the offense on the floor.

That's what I see in Blake and I don't know if BK has it in him to draft a PG and it's a strong possibility that this draft Might not have any anyway.