Diesel

• Premium Member

We can't stop opposing PGs and SGs...

Iverson

James

Knight

Kidd

Carter

There are two things I don't believe in...

1. The tooth fairy.

2. trading players because of coaching mistakes.

So my question is..

What's the deal with our defense?

I agree with you in regards to the whole Guardless guard problem.

Look at the leading scorers from our opponents in the last few games.

New Jersey - Vince Carter (37) & Kidd (21)

Toronto - Mike James (28) & MoPete (26)

Charlotte - Brevin Knight (22)

Philly - Iverson (53)

I think the problem lies somewhat in our inexperience and some due to our style of defense. I feel that JJ and Lue are adequate defensively, but we really don't have much else. (as far as guards go) Salim is awful defensively. And for as much as I read on here that Ivey plays good D, I don't see it. He presses the ball well, but I don't see much other than that. He plays so tight that he draws all these ticky-tack fouls. To me thats not what I call good defense, that's what I call putting our opponents in the bonus before half the quarter is over. Looking at our bad D almost makes me want to just trade Al for Artest to patch up the hole.

Well Maybe KB's boy Derrick Zimmerman can help us out some on defense. Remember Zimmerman, Daryl Dorsey and another Pointguard are suppose to be workingout for Woody and Billy this week.

BTW Happy NewYear HawkSquawkers!!!!!

Quote:

Well Maybe KB's boy Derrick Zimmerman can help us out some on defense. Remember Zimmerman, Daryl Dorsey and another Pointguard are suppose to be workingout for Woody and Billy this week.

BTW Happy NewYear HawkSquawkers!!!!!

I heard Morlon Wiley and Travis Mays were available.

bk thought enough of jarrett jack to try to trade to pick him in the low first round on draft night.

this team would be a lot better with jack and steven hunter, who bk tried to get as a FA.

not singing bk's praises, tho after watching his predecessor, bk seems like dumars by comparison. im just pointing out that billy tried to come up with players at the positions we need players, and im sure he'll keep trying.

From Charlotte.co (via InsideHoops):

"It's to our advantage to listen," Bickerstaff said when asked if he'd consider trade proposals for Knight. "But on anything like that, I would always consult Brevin."

I wonder what they'd want for him...he looked great against us. The article goes on to say Knight lives in Memphis so maybe he just wants to play for the Grizzlies...but he may see the handwriting on the wall about his future in Charlotte. He could have a nice run here in the ATL.