• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What does BK have to do to get fired?

tmac13

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I need to watch Gay more but as I see Marvin start to gain more confidence, I see a guy who is going to be really special. You say he has "modest skill" but I think he is already an exceptional spot up shooter with great range who can also rebound, defend and put the ball on the floor. His J is absolutely beautiful and it is only going to get better. In addition, last night, I saw him go high to snatch a rebound and then take the ball the length of the court (using primarily his left hand all the way) and dish it to the corner to a wide open Al Harrington. Not may guys his size can make that play and he made it look easy. He also has a tremendous basketball IQ and you can tell he was well coached.

All that said, Gay MAY be a better prospect but from what I've seen, he doesn't shoot it or handle it as well as Marvin. He may have the athleticism to play SG but does he have the handles? I think Marvin is going to be an All Star caliber SF in a few years (he is CLEARLY a SF but he can play some PF as well) and we will be happy to have him. Again, time will tell if picking him over Paul or Deron was the right decision but I think he is going to be a terrific player and I'm happy we have him.

Personally I think Gay is way overrated. I don't think he will be able to shoot consistenly. The reason is that he seems to hold the ball directly over his head. It is very hard to shoot jumpers consistently from there. Most good shooters hold the ball more in front or to the side of their head. Gay's shot looks very similar to Diaw's and that is not a good thing.

He also doesn't seem to have a good feel for the game. it seems like when he drives he needs to have a clear path to the basket otherwise he gets stopped. He can't seem to adjust to the defense.

If you compare him to Carmelo Anthony the big difference is that Carmelo seems to be able to get to the basket no matter what the defense does. He handles it so well and is so strong he can adjust quickly to the defense and fight through contact.

Gay will be exposed pretty soon i believe. Right now he is shooting 43% from the field, 24% from 3. That is really lame considering they have been playing a lot of cupcakes.