• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This is the deal....BK get on the Phone....

Diesel

• Premium Member

NY gets Theo Ratliff; 2nd round pick (2006 from Atl).

PTL gets Antonio Davis.

Atlanta get Steve Blake.

Here's why it's done.

PTL gets an ending contract and out of Theo's last 2 years. They would use capspace to resign Pryz. They also get Antonio Davis who can still give good BU minutes.

NY gets Shot blocker Theo... who could play either Pf or C depending on if he's playing with Frye or Curry. Plus they get a 2nd round pick. Isiah has been doing very well lately.

ATL gets Steve Blake. PG. 6'3". He's able to run the offense and I believe he would be a great compliment to JJ.

Quote:

NY gets Theo Ratliff; 2nd round pick (2006 from Atl).

PTL gets Antonio Davis.

Atlanta get Steve Blake.

Here's why it's done.

PTL gets an ending contract and out of Theo's last 2 years. They would use capspace to resign Pryz. They also get Antonio Davis who can still give good BU minutes.

NY gets Shot blocker Theo... who could play either Pf or C depending on if he's playing with Frye or Curry. Plus they get a 2nd round pick. Isiah has been doing very well lately.

ATL gets Steve Blake. PG. 6'3". He's able to run the offense and I believe he would be a great compliment to JJ.

Steve Blake? That's your answer?

• Premium Member

I think Steve Blake is our fix all at PG.

The other thing is we would need a BU C who can defend.

I suggest Battie in FAcy.

Of Kato, Olowakhand, Battie, Lo, and the others..

I think Battie is the most accessible and best defensive.

• Premium Member

That's crazy...

Do you know how improbable it is to get starter quality play from a 2nd round pick. Salim is a 1 in a million. This coming year is a weak draft year. We can get a starter quality PG for a 2nd round pick in a weak draft year? Nique... What are you smoking?

As far as getting rid of some of our current PGs... Let me let you in on the secret..

We don't have any PGs.

JJ is a 2.

Delk, Lue, Salim, and Ivey are all COMBO Gaurds (SGs that were too short to play SG).

If you look over our team, BK has been very bad about getting somebody who can run this offense.

Blake can.

In fact, I would take Blake and put Lue on the market..

I heard Memphis needs a PG.

How about Lue/Delk for Lo?

Diesel,

The fact is Blake isn't that great of a point guard and we currently have guards that are at the same level of play. I would prefer Blake over most of our guards, but I stick to what I wrote in my precious post which was the following.

but now I would like to see Billy Knight ship some of the current guards out first, and not add more until it happens.

I'm sick of seeing these guards that aren't stable enough to keep around or waste our time with. If the Hawks want to build a good future for the team BK will need to understand that the current guards aren't worth keeping around.

Are you content with having guards like Tony Delk, Tyronn Lue, Donta Smith, and Royal Ivey? Out of those names the only one that is worth anything to our team is Tyronn Lue and he's still a just above average guard. Donta Smith knows how to score, but we all know his future won't last much longer with the Hawks, Tony Delk will be gone after the season, and still Ivey doesn't have a strong future as an NBA player.

I'm stick of just getting by with mediocre.

So, Billy Knight needs to focus on dumping some of the current players on this roster before he acquires anymore mediocre guards, and start building the foundation of guards better. Billy Knight has started to build the foundation with drafting Salim Stoudamire and signing Joe Johnson.

Steve Blake's contract status:

(Current Season)$1,000,000 $1,080,000