• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wow. Al Harrington = most efficient 3 pt. shooter?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Proof right here.

Even more startling:

Collapses follow turnovers - Sekou Smith (AJC)

Quote:
The 7-21 Hawks are averaging a whopping seven turnovers during the last seven minutes of their past three games, heading into Tuesday night's game against Toronto at Philips Arena.

Quote:
Hawks coach Mike Woodson prefers to run plays through Johnson and Harrington late in games, the same way he did last month when the Hawks had a stretch of five wins in seven games.

But he worries that his two best players are logging excessive minutes. Johnson is playing 39.4 per game and Harrington 37.1 and wearing down late in games. Johnson (3.18) and Harrington (2.92) also lead the Hawks in turnovers.

Woodson said he might be inclined to rest them earlier in games to prevent that from happening and make sure they're as fresh as possible during the game's final minutes.

• Premium Member

Believe it or not a lot of young teams can't play with a lead. That's how must get labeled "cardiac kids" because they don't have the experience to do just what JJ and Al talk about.. Execute on every play and get stops. If Woody is coaching right, this shouldn't be a long term problem which is why I have faith that over 50 games, we will win some more. Hell Last year, Denver went 32-8 in their final 40. I say that to say that in this league, anything is possible.

• Premium Member

It's the myth of four corners... and adjustments.

I think our team is just young. When they get up, like most young teams, they go into four corners mode. It's the same thing that happens in football when a young passing team get a lead and decide, we want to play it safe.

I think Woody's trying to keep these guys fresh is a bit niave. Hell, wasn't JJ playing 42 mpg with the Suns? He's down to 39 this year and you think he's tired. I would say, limit their minutes but don't disrupt the flow of the game. Many times, Woody takes a hot player out of the game????? He really needs that senior guy on his staff that can ask him WTH are you doing when he makes moves like that...

But the players have to learn when they are up, keep doing what they were doing that got them up until the other team stops it... Then do something else. Watching the Pistons this year has been a thing of beauty. When they get a lead, they continue to pour it on until they have taken the will out of the other team. That's a vet team playing there. We get a lead, let up, let a team come back to life, grab momentum and end up losing a game we should have won...

BTW, N.O. is starting to learn how to execute, execute, execute. I think people need to start to watch out for those Giant killers.

Quote:

I think Woody's trying to keep these guys fresh is a bit niave. Hell, wasn't JJ playing 42 mpg with the Suns? He's down to 39 this year and you think he's tired. I would say, limit their minutes but don't disrupt the flow of the game. Many times, Woody takes a hot player out of the game????? He really needs that senior guy on his staff that can ask him WTH are you doing when he makes moves like that...

that's how I took this too. Maybe you need to worry about Al a little because of his knees, but JJ is known as a guy who can basically play every minute of the entire season and be fine. He led the league in minutes last year I believe.

Woody has literally cost us games and it's killing me. He pulls players who are on fire on a regular basis. There's no point in firing him as there's no replacement, but unless he shows me major improvement by the end of the year, I'd like to see a new coach to re-invigorate this team next year. I think it'll happen too. BK intervened to save Woody's job for this year, but the ownership will fire him in the offseason

• Premium Member

Honestly,

I don't think so. I think it's more likely that Woody stays on for half of next season too. I just think he's a good guy and a good coach but a good coach for a vet team. He needs guys who can tell him what to do.

I would like to see us get Alderman or Carlisimo or 2 of my favorites..

Frank Johnson or Paul Silas... But we will see.

well I don't know what they will do, but I hope they don't. When you fire a coach half way through a season you have a very, very limited choice on who to replace him with. If Woody is going to go, I'd like to see him released as soon as the season ends. I STILL think Silas is perfect for the job, but we'll see