• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Clips Refuse to Send us Maggette?

Lascar78

If you acquire a legit power forward then you are effectively saying Smoove, Marvin and Childress have to battle it out for small forward. That further exacerbates an existing problem.

Maybe if you trade Al and one of the other three for a big time player. Heck I would trade Smoove, Al and Marvin for Howard.

Magette to Atlanta makes sense for a LOT of reasons but I believe any deal for Magette would involve us somehow getting Chris Wilcox as well. Wilcox is only playing 13 mpg for the Clips so I don't find it hard to believe that they see him as being expendable. He certainly doesn't appear to fit in their longterm plans. I also saw that the Clips cut Eisley - Tony Delk would be a good option as a combo guard for them and he has an expiring contract. Harrington/Delk/maybe a 2nd for Magette/Wilcox? Or perhaps a 3 way with Indy getting Harrington, the Clips getting Artest/Delk and us getting Magette/Wilcox?

Obtaining a SG in Magette who can actually shoot would allow BK to TRY to play JJ at PG again. I don't think JJ will ever be a full time PG but getting Magette would allow JJ to play his natural all court game (whether at PG or SG) and not make him have to focus on being our primary scorer. Wilcox, whether starting at PF or backing up Smoove at PF and Zaza at C,would provide us with desperately needed size up front.

Magette is signed to a longterm, VERY reasonable contract for a guy who just turned 26 and averages around 22/5/3. He and JJ would give us two PROVEN young talents to go along with the developing talents of Smoove, Chillz, Marvin, Zaza, Salim and presumably Wilcox. Adding LaMarcus Aldridge or Rashon Rondo to this group would give us a VERY nice young team going forward. PLUS, depending on what it takes to sign Wilcox, we could have enough caproom to go out and get another vet next year as we will be significantly under the cap before we sign Wilcox to an extension. Next year:

Zaza/Wilcox/Edwards

Aldridge/Smoove

Marvin/Chillz

Magette/Salim

JJ/Lue/Ivey

or

Zaza/Edwards/BIG

Smoove/Wilcox

Magette/Marvin

JJ/Chillz/Salim

Rondo/Lue

I like both lineups.