• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The biggest problem we have is no post defense!!!!

hotboyj

The reason why we aren't a good team right now is because we don't have anyone on this team who can guard a pf or c in the post.

Everyone was saying how it wasn't Al's fault that Mo Pete and Martin got those open threes.

Actually it was.

What happens is someone comes over to help Al on defense. So another hawk has to guard his man, and another hawk his man. The other team just keeps swinging the ball until they find an open man. This could explain why we keep seeing Paculia jump out to contest the other team's point guard's three pointer.

Then the announcers want to say it is Pachulia's fault for not getting out there quick enough.

If Al Harrington can't prevent Bosh from taking outside jumpers only, he needs to be gone.

There is no reason why Al shoudn't be able to prevent Bosh from getting position down low.

This has to be what Woodson is teaching them, because I see it every game.

Woodson does not have any confidence in our low post defense so he has one of our guards cheat on his man.

If we simply got two big men who could guard their men we would be much better defensively.

I don't know if it will be FACY, the draft, or a trade, but we need some low post defenders, and we need them in the worst way.

If there is anyway we can trade Harrington for two or three well sized big men who can defend consistently, I would do it in a heart beat.

Just an Idea:

Atl Recieves: Nick Collison/Johan Petro/Danny Fortson/Robert Swift

Sea Receives: Al Harrington and Tony Delk

Real GM ID:2790297

• Premium Member

No Way.

When Mo Pete hit that three, it was a drive and dish. Al move to help stop the drive, Zaza didn't get out on Mo Pete and the ball rotated to Pete and he drained the shot.

That's not Al's fault. Hell, that's not even design's fault. The design of most defenses is to make the offense shoot the lowest percentile shot... That's what happened... Toronto just nailed it in most cases last night. Didn't they shoot over 55% from three?

I would give them the three rather than have them waltz down the lane for the easy layup.

Just because a shot is further out does not make it more difficult.

I would much rather have Mo Pete go up for a lay up against Josh Smith than to have him wide open at the three point line.

The reason they shot so well was because Bosh would pass out of the double team, and there would always be a guy wide open.

Yeah you would want to say that is good basketball from Toronto, but the thing is we are giving it to them.

They are supposed to make that play, its Basketball 101.

What I'm saying is if we can make the other players actually work for their baskets and not just have them shooting wide open jumpers we would be a much better team.

There is nothing to be said that can change that.

Just remember the sixers game.

While Iverson went off for 50 or so pts, we din't let him create for others. We let him go ahead and kill his man one on one other than to bring in help.

What happened was there were no wide open 3pters for Korver, no wide open dunks for Iguodola, and no mid-range jumpers from Webber.

Not too often can a player beat you alone, so why not let them try.

Quote:

The reason why we aren't a good team right now is because we don't have anyone on this team who can guard a pf or c in the post.

Everyone was saying how it wasn't Al's fault that Mo Pete and Martin got those open threes.

Actually it was.

What happens is someone comes over to help Al on defense. So another hawk has to guard his man, and another hawk his man. The other team just keeps swinging the ball until they find an open man. This could explain why we keep seeing Paculia jump out to contest the other team's point guard's three pointer.

Then the announcers want to say it is Pachulia's fault for not getting out there quick enough.

If Al Harrington can't prevent Bosh from taking outside jumpers only, he needs to be gone.

There is no reason why Al shoudn't be able to prevent Bosh from getting position down low.

This has to be what Woodson is teaching them, because I see it every game.

Woodson does not have any confidence in our low post defense so he has one of our guards cheat on his man.

If we simply got two big men who could guard their men we would be much better defensively.

I don't know if it will be FACY, the draft, or a trade, but we need some low post defenders, and we need them in the worst way.

If there is anyway we can trade Harrington for two or three well sized big men who can defend consistently, I would do it in a heart beat.

Just an Idea:

Atl Recieves: Nick Collison/Johan Petro/Danny Fortson/Robert Swift

Sea Receives: Al Harrington and Tony Delk

Real GM ID:2790297

Is there any forward in the NBA that can stop Chris Bosh from scoring down low? Judging by his 21+ point per game average I am guessing no.

If he can't be stopped, then let him have a big game.

Don't try to stop him and in the process allow for others to have big games.

If you can't stop Shaq, why send three guys his way when he will either dunk on all three of them, or pass it out and find someone for an easy basket.

If Bosh is going to get his 21 pts, why not let him have them.

Just play defense all around and quit cheating.

If your man beats you, he beats you, but don't allow for others to get open looks.

All it does is make things easy for the other team.

If you give the other team only one option that is all they have.

They either beat you one on one, or they don't.

No passing out of double teams.

That stuff only works in college, where big men aren't yet sure how to pass out of the double team.

In the NBA all good big men can, so it is nothing but giving away points.

Always make the other team earn their points, not hope they miss easy shots, which most NBA players don't, which could explain why they are in the NBA.