• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The almost mythical big Pg to compliment JT

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

Remember that fairy tale?

BK's long, athletic, versatile (heavily 6'8" weighted) philosophy would be great if you could ever compile a team consistent with it with the leadership and skill to contend. Finding the necessary skill set, leadership, etc. in such players is extremely hard, especially at stand alone positions where positional versatility is often a negative (i.e. Pg and C, meaning your Pg that can play Sg often isn't a "true" Pg and a center that can play "Pf" is often not a "true" center).

BK's philosophical exercise seems that of a mad scientist, far more futile than the incredibly difficult search for JUST a big Pg. We seem bent on a "big Pg" (based upon JJ and our failure to draft a "true" Pg in this past Pg heavy draft). We seem to be bent so unnecessarily to compliment no one. We continue to lack a true center (but many do). & we have no shortage of swing players forced to sit more than they should and develop less than they can to suit this philosophy.

& I thought we learnt something after spending 4 years looking for JT's big Pg compliment. We're still baiting the same hook, just without good reason. We're doing so while the likes of Paul and Deron (a decent sized Pg who is not the run/jump athlete BK desires) would have taken our bait.

W

• Moderators

You guys are nuts. While we're not winning yet this team is a lot more entertaining and has a better future than the JT/SAR/Theo years.

If BK is so insanely focused on the big PG then why did he make Lue a better offer than any other team?

Why did he draft Salim?

There's another reason we drafted Marvin beside the BPA argument. Its very likely that Al will be gone after this season and we need someone who can score in the post. Marvin hasn't shown much yet but its much more likely that he will be a big scorer than Chill or Smoove.

• Admin

I don't know where you get the idea that BK is building a team of all 6'8" players. He's never said that. All he's said is he likes athletic, versatile players. He's never specified that they be of a certain size.

He didn't take Marvin over Paul because of this mythical attachment to 6'8" players. He took him becuase he feels he has potential that Paul doesn't have. I'm not saying it's right. But that's what it was about. If Marvin hadn't been in the draft, we would have taken Paul.

While your sentiment is partially correct. Your motive is highly questionable.