• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Just read this on the Indiana Board

BornandDieHawks

Quote:

On the Atlanta Journal Constitutional a deal between Atlanta, Indiana, and Golden State is almost done. The deal would send Artest, Pollard, and Johnson to Golden State, Harrington and Pietrus to Indiana, and Murphy and Fisher to Atlanta. I think this is one that needs to be done, a win-win for everyone.

i don't like this deal

murphy is NOT a defensive big...and fisher is not our pg solution

so we don't solve either issue and we take on fisher's bad contract

if marvin/smoove pan out, where will murphy play?

he's basically a better rebounding al harrington with worse passing...i like the extra rebounds, but i don't wanna

pluses vs al:

he's 6'11 vs al's 6'9

he gets 8.6 vs 7.4 rpg

he gets .39 vs .26 bpg

he shoots .790 vs .692 ft

better 3pt shooter long-run (discounting al's freak december)

minuses vs al:

16.6 vs 18.8 ppg

.9 vs 3.3 apg

leadership of al is lost

we lose al as a piece to get a pg/defensive big

fg% is worse than al's

PLUS, we take on fisher's contract

murphy will make 8mil next year up to 12 mil in 2010/11 season...if we are paying that much, may as well keep al

minuses vs al:

16.6 vs 18.8 ppg

.9 vs 3.3 apg

leadership of al is lost

we lose al as a piece to get a pg/defensive big

fg% is worse than al's"

Well, I don't think Al would be averaging almost 19PPG

on a Warriors.. Playing on a team with a lack of scorers

kinda rises Al's scoring average.

I agree that Murphy isn't a very good defensive player, but

atleast he's more a legit rebounder which is what is needed

at the 4 spot. Al gets over 3APG, but also seems to turn

it over a fairly good bit.

That deal flat out sucks for the Hawks. It basically forces one of Marvin or Smoove to the bench, does nothing to improve the teams interior defense and Fischer is too much like Lue that he adds zero to the offense.

I rather get Pietrus, Diogu, Taft or even Biedrins from GS.

If BK does this he should be lucky to get half an hour to clean out his office.

5 lottery picks for 5 years? WTF? That's not even possible.

As for this trade...

I am against it. I don't want anything to do with DFish. I can't see why BK would turn his back on Earl Watson because of his contract & not on Fisher. (Fisher's contract is worse) I think Nene has more value than Troy Murphy, so unless we are actually getting draft picks in this deal, I don't understand why we'd do it.

Marvin isnt ready to start, so we can keep him in the 6th man role until next year and then figure something out.

While I am not thrilled with what Fish makes, he is a very good 3pt shooter and would make a very good offensive combo with Lue.

I really like Murphy, even though he isnt a defensive big. He can rebound like a mad man though and will definitely be a 4 and should combine with ZaZa to be one of the top rebounding duos in the league. With Smooves improved outside game he is clearly showing he can be an effective 3 and we wont have to deal with Al trying to do too much with his penetrating ... losing his 3pt stroke will hurt though.

I like Murphy here too, but I think Fisher is signed for too long for us. I think we should demand Biedrinis and Peitrus instead and offer them Delk or Chillz. Or they could just throw us one of their 2006 1st round picks and keep Fisher.