• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin is starting to put it together!!!!

Wurider05

JSmoove and JChill are 2nd year players, they should be playing better than Marvin. Marvin is just a rookie and he isn't even expected to produce as a starter. He is playing behind a borderline allstar who we probably won't keep. I think your campaign to keep Al is to save yourself from eating crow when Marvin gets the time and touches he needs to produce within the offense? Like others have pointed out, chill and smoove produced more and we played competitively without al. I also expect Marvin to produce more...As for TLue, he better score, if he doesn't he is a waste on the floor , because he gives up almost twice as much as he scores. The last 4 games PGs have increased their average by 13 on us , alot of that on Lue.

• Premium Member

Dude, let me tell you this...

When we trade AL, if we trade AL, my expectations on Marvin will be higher. You don't trade away a border Allstar simply to make room for a player UNLESS he's definitely something. 11 points against a N.O. team that was in pieces to begin with is not definitely something...

Now, let's talk the facts of why I would like to keep Al.

1. He is borderline Allstar. (i guess that never came into your mind huh).

2. He & JJ has good chemistry (I guess you don't pay attention to JJ/Marvn's chem?)

3. He's a leader on this team. (Part of Chemistry is leadership).

4. He's scoring 20+ ppg with 7.5+ rpg.

5. He's the only one of our forwards that can create for himself.

Also, he takes the pressure off JJ.

I would have you notice... We only have JJ for 5 yrs. How long is the Marvin project suggested to take? All I see from the trade Al crowd is a bunch of people that don't care about the Hawks getting better, but only want the Hawks to tank another season so that we can be in the lottery again.

Because as you have even said Path... Marvin will take more than 1 yrs to develop.. so why should we trade Al again?

I'd love to make the playoffs, but I think we lack the consistency to do so. If we do trade Al, I hope we get a late first round pick added in the deal so that we can go ahead and get the JJ trade requirements over and done with. I agree that the Boston/LA pick will probably go to Phoenix anyway.

• Premium Member

You questioned my interest in Kwame.

My interest was to take a chance on getting a true 7 footer with potential than all of these 6'8 players with potential. In the end, I think that our need for a C is much greater than our need for another Sf. Therefore, like a man in the desert dying of thirst who will suck on the pricky cactus for a drop of water, this summer I was willing to see us acquire Kwame in an attempt to cover up our hole.

Fortunately, we got Zaza.

Still, I would like to see us get Battie or some defensive C to back Zaza up.

Quote:

Still, I would like to see us get Battie or some defensive C to back Zaza up.

How about a defensive center to play in front of Zaza?

Right now I am watching Portland vs Miami and it is halftime. I haven't seen Przybilla play Shaq so I decided to watch. So far Przy is basically punking Shaq.

He is single covering Shaq. They aren't doubling at all. Shaq has scored one basket on him in the first half and has only 5 points, 3 on Joel. He has turned it over, taken forced shots and gotten his shot blocked. Other times he realized he wasn't in scoring position and passed it out.

Joel has done a very good job of being physical and preventing Shaq from getting deep post position. Joel has even outscored him with 7 pts lol.

Unfortunately for Portland the rest of their players are getting abused.

Yes but they can only offer the MLE.

Any upcoming fa, if he is smart, will say he wants to stay where he is during the season. It isn't a good move, marketing wise, to act like he wants to go somewhere else. That could be perceived as being a malcontent.

Hughes and JJ said they wanted to stay and where are they now? I doubt Przy will sacrifice millions to stay on a lousy team.