• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Maggette may be in play.

KB21

Marc Stein is stating in his latest article that the Clippers may be backing off their original stance on Corey Maggette. They have been saying that they will not trade Maggette. Stein is saying that LA is now backing off that and may consider sending him out in a deal to get Artest now.

There were some rumors a couple of weeks ago that a three way between Atlanta, Indiana, and LA was almost completed until the Clippers backed out because they didn't want to trade Maggette.

If he's in play and if those reports of a deal being made were true, then Maggette could be on his way to Atlanta soon.

I believe BK has been patiently waiting to see if the Clippers would actually offer Maggette in a deal. He may pull the trigger if this happens. I also think he's been waiting to see if the Lakers would finally offer Lamar Odom in a deal. If he had a choice between the two, it would be Lamar Odom, IMO.

I like Maggette though. The guy is one of the most athletic players in the league, is versatile, and is a dynamic scorer. He's the guy we should have taken with the 10th pick back in 1999 due to his upside, but we didn't think in terms of upside when drafting back then. Thank God we do now!!

he wants a 1 player deal; not a 1-team deal

he said that people have been asking about his other players, but he's interested in just moving artest

he wants al for artest

and then for us to work out the details with another team to make it work for us

he told teams that if they can give us something we'll take for al and then send al to indy, then we'll have a deal

he wants al for artest, odom for artest or mike miller(?) for artest

he doesn't wanna trade artest/pollard or artest/tinsley etc

What's the point in trading for a point guard or a center that is a lesser talent than Maggette?

That makes a lot of sense. Let's take a lesser player and less value for Al Harrington than we should be getting simply because we are dead set and determined to get some damn stiff at point guard or center.

• Premium Member

That's what this will be.

Maggette is not better than Al. IN fact, he's injury prone. Yeah, let's just trade Al to get him out of here and bring in a guy that plays SF!

The Marvin Lovers have to love this move!

If it happens, I will say it first... BK has no faith in Marvin.

Quote:

What's the point in trading for a point guard or a center that is a lesser talent than Maggette?

That makes a lot of sense. Let's take a lesser player and less value for Al Harrington than we should be getting simply because we are dead set and determined to get some damn stiff at point guard or center.

I just wanted to quote this before you had a chance to edit. Lets hope BK has a better sense of building a winning NBA team then you do.

• Premium Member

I think the difference between Al and Maggette are minimal. Al's shooting this season has really made him better.

Anyway, a Sf with injury problems...

It's a bad deal for us. I'd rather keep Al and re-sign him than to trade him for that.

Moreover, Bigs are hard to get...

But we shouldn't take any stiff who is offered. I think the best move is to wait.

I would like to see the Bird quotes that indicate he would not trade Artest for Al, which is a 1 to 1 deal, just because a third team is involved.

If Bird would accept Artest for Al, why would he reject an offer that sends Artest to another team apart from Atlanta?

Besides, what a GM says is usually negotiable.

Quote:

ok, well you can choose to ignore the multitude of times Bird has said that he wants a 1-on-1 deal if you want to, I will not.

We're out of this.

you are misinterpreting his statement

he wants to trade ONLY artest and bring back ONE solid young player (al/odom/miller)

that's what he's said; that's what the most recent reports indicate, etc

he's told all teams that if you can get al or odom or mike miller from hawks/lakers/grizzlies, then send them to indy for artest

so we are DEFINITELY in it

that's why there are reports of him telling teams that; that's why there are reports of bk turning down al deals; teams want al badly right now so they can get artest

exactly

artest could be our savior

his trade request has made it so that we have 2 allstar quality options for teams to trade for

but it seems that nobody wants to give up a true pg or defensive big that bk wants; or some talent plus a pick this year to send to phoenix

i think bk wants a pick this year so it goes to phoenix so we basically gave up al/toine/diaw for jj/delk/whatever else al brings

so we basically gave up jt/1mil(sjax)/2nd rounder(diaw) for jj/delk/whatever else al brings

we keep all of our picks and only give up traded for picks

i think he wants to get more than just a pick this year; he wants a defensive big or a true pg to go with the pick