• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Maggette may be in play.

KB21

Quote:

??

read the rest of my post

he could be our savior because he may get us talent/picks/whatever that al wouldn't have

we aren't gonna keep him; i don't care if he leaves the league in march if he helps us get some talent now

I seriously hope someone in the Hawks organization guarantees that Artest will never be a part of the Hawks organization, even for a day like Rasheed.

Plus if Artest could get more then Al in a trade Indiana would do the deal. What makes you think BK can pull off something that Walsh can't?

• Premium Member

I think Indiana orignally liked Al but wanted much more than Al for Artest. In fact, they were supposed to get Watson from the deal with Denver.

I don't think they would leave it to us to get a deal for Artest because if that were so, we would have found a deal by now. Imagine what we could have gotten from Cleveland or Minny?

• Admin

said that the reason the pacers cooled about Al was because he will be too costly to resign. They have no interest in rentals becuase they feel their season is already shot beyond repair. So they wnat to get the best deal possible and will wait as long as it takes to make it happen.

yeah I saw that. I really feel that we are 100% out of the artest sweepstakes. Nicholas, you might be right about it being 1 player for 1 player, I forget and don't feel like looking it up.

I think the plan is for Al to play the season out here unless a great deal falls in our laps around the deadline. I doubt it's artest related. Come this offseason, we will probably talk to him, he'll want too much money, and we'll look to SNT him. I think we can get better value for him from a team that will be locking him up for the future than we can for a team taking a risk on a rental. That's why I think he'll finish this year out here.

You're the type of guy that probably thought the team that

went overseas was a well put together team. Screw having

skills aslong as you have athletic ability and are 6'8!

You're as big of a moron as Billy Knight is... Your boy

will fail again, and sooner or later get removed for some

body that actually has experience in WINNING just like he

did in Memphis.

See ya later you obsessive flaming homo.

• Premium Member

Hate to burst your bubble, but:

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Hawks forward Al Harrington was the owner of the league's best rumor prior to Wednesday night's game against Washington at the MCI Center. Harrington said he heard from people in Indiana that the Pacers and Clippers were close to finalizing a deal swapping Ron Artest for Corey Maggette. That deal, were it to happen, would finally put to rest the rumors that Harrington will be a part of a trade that frees Artest from the Pacers and the Pacers from their volatile and restless star. "Yeah, that would get it out of the water and off the Internet and all that nonsense," Harrington said. "But I've known for a couple of weeks now that nothing was going to happen with me. [Hawks general manager Billy Knight] told me that if there was going to be anything done he'd let me know. So it's been off of my mind for a while now."