• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Free Agent list

exodus

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Johnson would be the perfect backcourt mate for Jason Terry. He'd be perfect for what this team wants to become now.

People tend to forget that once we finally had some guys that could handle the ball on the court with him at the end of that 2003-2004 season, JT played great. His points were up, assists were up, and turnovers were down.

In Terry Stott's wide open, perimeter oriented offense, JT, Bob Sura, Boris Diaw, Stephen Jackson, Chris Crawford, Jason Collier, and Joel Przybilla were all playing very well. Those guys may have been limted athletically overall, but they were skillful players that could handle the ball and pass the ball around. We had great offensive ball movement during that time.

"

And the team was still bad

we traded jt/pick (that'll never materialize, except into cash) for walker/delk

we traded walker for the bos/lal pick

we traded the bo/lal pick for jj

phoenix would NOT have done it for that philly pick instead, as it has about 1% chance of materializing...thus trading jt got us jj, so we didn't trade him for nothing

we also still have delk which may turn into another pick or something else this year

a) it wasn't a bad deal...it got us away from jt, allowing us to move on...we could never contend with jt

b) it got us walker, who was a valuable asset...u can argue that we didn't get enough for walker, but getting walker for jt was fair talentwise and rosterwise

c) for walker we got a good pick from boston/la...i think that was worth it

d) for that pick/our pick/diaw we got jj...i think it was worth it

every step of the way i liked the trades we made there, so i'm not rationalizing anything

Quote:

u can argue that we didn't get enough for walker,
but getting walker for jt was fair talentwise and rosterwise

That is where we disagree. First of all Walker was an expirer which reduces his value. Plus he is one of the most overrated players in the league. He shoots poorly from the field and from the line and is weak defensively. He is getting boo'd regularly in Miami because he isn't that good.

And we sure aren't contending for anything without JT either.

again, i don't think we ever will contend until we get a true pg

i don't think we'd ever get a true pg until jt was traded

thus i was all for trading jt

just like i'm all for trading al because i don't think we'll contend with his d unless we get the perfect center for him and i dont think we'll contend with him if we pay 8+mil/year for him

Quote:

I was fairly neutral on trading JT. I just thought they should have gotten more for him. I think the Hawks would have won more games last year and this year with JT.

Smilarly I had no problem with them trading Nique but bringing in a scrub like Manning, who was also an expirer, was retarded.

I am all for trading Al but his value is decreased because he is an expirer. Like you I think the Marvin/Smoove combo has a lot of potential, much more than any combo with Harrington would have.

• Admin

JT has had as much to do with their record as Dirk has. The fact that he is not a traditional PG is meaningless. He has the right pieces around him and he is successful. He would have been successful here if we could have gotten those same pieces around him. He and JJ would be a fabulous combination.

Quote:

again, i don't think we ever will contend until we get a true pg

i don't think we'd ever get a true pg until jt was traded

just like i'm all for trading al because i don't think we'll contend with his d unless we get the perfect center for him and i dont think we'll contend with him if we pay 8+mil/year for him

If we are never going to contend until we get a real point guard then the Hawks should have drafted Paul!!

This franchise is bereft of talent at the three most important positions: (1) head coach; (2) point guard and (3) center.