• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why Harrington hasn't been traded yet

WraithSentinel

This is just my guess. Right now all the trade talk is about Artest. If Artest is traded. Al would become the next must have player on the market. Thus his value goes up even more for the teams who missed out on Artest. They might be willing to overpay in a trade to get him. This is my guess on how BK is probably playing it. He is also thinking he doesn't have much to lose anyways.

• Premium Member

BK knows that Harrington is more valuable to us in a SNT than he is right now. Right now, teams want to give us Hot BS for Al...

There are 2 things that BK needs to do.

1. Win more than Last year.

2. Get a good return on what he gets for Al.

His plan is probably more like SNT Al to either a team with Capspace or a team with something to offer.

or

Sign Al, Keep him until these other guys develop more, trade Al.

Either way, it's a better plan to trading Al for Scraps and Hot BS.

my point is that if a team like, say, NY wants to snt for al, then we'll have to take back as much salary as al signs for

thus, we'll have to take back 10mil and we'll be out of the FA game

however, if the team is under the cap by 5mil, then we can take back just 5mil in salary and then still have close to 10mil to be in the fa race

so i wanna know what teams we can SNT al to WITHOUT having to take back even close equal salary (ie 5mil or less)

• Premium Member

Nick.. here's the question..

If you had the chance to trade for a really good player.. would you trade for him while he was about to become a FA or would you do it when you could sign him for some years..?

• Premium Member

Even if we have to take back a bad contract, if it's in the process of getting a really good player.. WHO CARES...

For instance, if there was some combination (Al plus another player) that would get us J Rose/Chris Bosh.... Who CARES about Rose's contract...

i'm not worried about taking back a bad contract if we get someone like bosh or even hinrich

i'm talking about our odds of being fa players besides al or al snt

if chicago is the only under the cap team that would snt something decent to us for al, then we have to hope that happens...otherwise we are out of the FA market

if there are 3-4 teams that are interested, then that's better...5-8 would be great

that's all i'm getting at here

what is the list (please list) of teams that are 5mil+ under the cap and might be interested in al...i don't want opinions on other stuff, just a simple list of the teams

then we can go down that list and see what we may possibly be able to get in a snt from each team and see what our best chances are

• Premium Member

There will be more suitors..

However, right now, BK can't get a good deal because Nobody wants to be Danny Manninged.... Maybe you wasn't here for that history..> I was. It's bad.

So, BK said, I will wait and when we can guarantee the team years with Al, we will get a better deal.

It's hard to know who would want Al right now.. and that makes it hard to speculate... However, just off the top:

Indiana

N.O.

Chicago

NY

Toronto

Seattle

Houston

and San Antonio..

Are all teams that could definitely use Al.

Miami

Boston

Philly

Golden State

Portland

Are all teams that Might Make a trade and UPGRADE to Al.

So it's almost impossible to know where Al will go.

However.. let's look at an example...

If Boston does trade Pierce for Wilcox/Livingston/Mobley. It's possible that they can swing us Livingston/Lafrentz for Al in a SNT deal.

0r if the Pacers do get Maggette for Artest.. It's possible that the follow up deal becomes: Yessircabbages/Foster/picks for Al.

Right now, we just don't know what the deal could be, but the suitors will line up when there's something more concrete offered...

• Premium Member

Like I have been saying...

Until all the trading is done, it's impossible to know who those teams are...

At this MOMENT... Chicago, N.O., Seattle, and the Clipps have that capability. Orlando (if Hill retires?)... But you don't know who will be traded. Like Portland could trade Theo to NY for Davis. Or Orlando can trade Francis for an ending contract. Then all the sudden, PTL or Orlando is involved.

Still, you just said that you don't mind taking a bad contract if it meant getting a good player.

The point is that in the offseason there will be more suitors than now...