• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Francis is possibly on the block??

Wurider05

www.nba.com/magic/news/St...9-800.html

Steve Francis Suspended

January 12, 2005

The Orlando Magic have suspended guard Steve Francis for conduct detrimental to the team. The team will have no further comment following this statement.

Orlando’s next game is Friday, January 13 @ Portland.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-bk-spt-francis011206,0,6642353.story?coll=orl-magic

The Orlando Magic have suspended guard Steve Francis indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team. The team is flying to Portland to play on Friday night.

In a 113-104 loss to the Seattle SuperSonics on Wednesday, Francis scored just 10 points and had six turnovers.

Francis is second on the team in scoring (16.6 ppg) and leads the team in assists (5.4) but has struggled with turnovers this season and leads the team in that category (3.75). He has been held under 20 points in the Magic's last six games and Orlando is 1-5 in that span.

He has not been engaged in the action in the past half-dozen games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Steven A. Smith, on SportsCenter, Brian Hill wanted to re-insert Francis into the game against the Sonics last night in the 4th quarter and Francis refused. Magic execs and Hill met with Francis and Francis expressed his desire to be traded and the Magic also now want him out. He said Minnesota will try to get get involved and that Francis will most likely be moved before the trading deadline.

This clown has 24 turnovers his last 5 games. Just what the Hawks need, right Diesel?

Francis is a worst cancer then Marbury by 30x. He refused to enter the game the other night in Seattle. That shows bad team spirit when other guys on your team are busting there azz. Imagine him pulling that with the Hawks no way hes a me 1st kind of player. Look how he was drafted by the Grizzles then demanded to be traded. He was traded out of Houston and I think hell be gone from Orlando as well he does not make his team better at all he should be dominating right now with Dwight Howard instead they are playing horrible. No way do you ever consider getting Francis. Jameer Nelson is the guy you want from the Magic.

• Premium Member

I think the risk you take with Francis is not substantial if we get 2 1st rounder (one unprotected in 2006) in the deal. Orlando is a lottery team right now. Francis is a scorer. we are 9-24 and we have given up 2 picks over 2 yrs.

I would deal with Orlando if they gave up those 2 picks.

Quote:

Why in the hell are we worried about potential cancers on a 9-24 team? We need talent. If we are going to lose I at least want to be entertained. This sh&t isn't even entertaining.

you have no vision. the hawks have talent that has yet to develop. if you put a cancerous player on the squad it will slow the development of the talent we have.

I know a little more about football so i will give you an analogy from another sport. What was Troy Aikman's record his first year with the Cowboys? Peyton Manning's with the Colts?

Those teams had TALENT, however it took time to develop it. the same can be said of the Hawks.