• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks should keep Baby Al.

Diesel

• Premium Member

The real question is how much are you willing to invest for Marvin??

We started by throwing last season.

We passed over Paul and Deron.

Now you're saying we're supposed to give up a talented forward to make room for Marvin?

Nobody is saying that Marvin can't play the 3 and Al play the 4. However, what if Marvin doesn't pan out... Look at everything you have given.

Even the gambler knows when to hold em and when to fold em...

It's only the fool who will throw everything away.

But to be more correct DocHawk

It's not just my feelings about Marvin.

Us trading away Al to me would signify that we're just spinning our wheels. When we brought in JJ at the loss of an owner and the revitalization of a franchise, I thought change had come... Finally, we were starting to move forward. NO more rebuilds, no more restarts...

Now many of you want to trade one of our most productive players... FOR WHAT??

Half of you who want Al gone Has no target in mind... You just want Al gone for the sake of getting him out of here.

EXODUS.. name one Likely deal that you would take for Al?

I mean, it's laughable that you guys would trade Al for a player who it's unknown if he will ever play again...

Some of you want Al gone to make room for the younger players.

However, for the most part, you guys want Al gone because of your impatient ways as it pertains to the Hawks. I'm not that impatient. I would rather we keep good players unless there's something worth trading that comes along.

If we could get Dwight Howard or Chris Bosh, hell, I would give Al a ride to the Airport.

However, I'm against this thought that we trade Al for Player to be named later because we simply want him gone.... that makes no sense?

Marvin is getting better and will improve with more time on the court. Marvin also makes an effort on defense. I can't follow the reasoning for keeping AL when he is a terrible defender. Woodson lets it slide because he has no stones but the next coach may take issue with Harrington and his lack of effort. That will lead to a clash...with AL we can get a draft pick or decent player. I would have done the Nene deal with Watson. I'm sure that deal is off the table because AL's D has declined further. Nene would have been great next year, we would have controlled his rights, and Earl is a defensive minded PG who has improved his shooting. The Nuggets actually like him now.

To say we can get the 3 players mentioned above ONLY is silly. There is still a market for AL because he can score...he just won't be on a championship team...if BK is molding us after the Pistons then he is doing a worse job than I thought.

Al Harrington gets 37 mins a game thats about 10-12 more then Josh Smith and Marvin Williams get a game. He also takes more the double the shots these guys take. Hes attempting 16 shots a game compared to about 7-8 for Josh Smith and Marvin. If you were to give these guys the minutes and shot Attempts Al is getting they can come very close to surpassing his 18 pts a game. Along with better defense and rebounding. In 37 mins Al only avgs about 6.5 rebounds a game thats not good for being the PF. Josh Smith is avging 9 pts a game in half the minutes and half the shots at the age of 20. Wat was this guy before he came to the Hawks and Become the go to guy where he took a major part of the shots. He plays no defense at all everyone knows defense wins games if you look at all the good teams almost of the Star players can play offense and defense. Al Harrington takes a ton of shots on a bad team doesnt make him a great player bottom line is he stopping the progession of your guys. Hes already said he wants to test the free agency because winning is the most important thing

Quote:

Al Harrington gets 37 mins a game thats about 10-12 more then Josh Smith and Marvin Williams get a game. He also takes more the double the shots these guys take. Hes attempting 16 shots a game compared to about 7-8 for Josh Smith and Marvin. If you were to give these guys the minutes and shot Attempts Al is getting they can come very close to surpassing his 18 pts a game. Along with better defense and rebounding. In 37 mins Al only avgs about 6.5 rebounds a game thats not good for being the PF. Josh Smith is avging 9 pts a game in half the minutes and half the shots at the age of 20. Wat was this guy before he came to the Hawks and Become the go to guy where he took a major part of the shots. He plays no defense at all everyone knows defense wins games if you look at all the good teams almost of the Star players can play offense and defense. Al Harrington takes a ton of shots on a bad team doesnt make him a great player bottom line is he stopping the progession of your guys. Hes already said he wants to test the free agency because winning is the most important thing

ding ding ding, we have a winner

if you guys use Marvin Williams as your reason to trade Al Harrington you will lose that argument.

Diesel we are disagreeing about disagreeing. i said Al wasn't worth over 9 million and you propose a 6 year 55 million contract. perfect.

It's worth it to try and keep the team together if we cannot secure a first round pick for Al to spend on a young player in a position of need. However if BK does that we are looking at ANOTHER year of rebuilding.

i will be the first to admit i had unrealistic expectations for the team this season. However with that being said if BK secures a defensive big that puts Zaza in a backup role and a stopper at guard then the team may, MAY compete for a low playoff seed next year.

we can't win as fans. this is what will happen. the Hawks will wind up coming together at the end of the year and will wind up with a 6 or 7 draft pick. while i'm not rooting for them to lose it's a no win situation. frustrating.

Quote:

The real question is how much are you willing to invest for Marvin??

We started by throwing last season.

Diesel, someone might take your Marvin arguments seriously if you didn't include this kind of drivel.

You open your argument by claiming that the Hawks threw last season in order to get Marvin?

That's beyond ridiculous. They sucked, and they lost. Its as if you want to blame Marvin for last season's failures as well as this season's.

Its that kind of BS that pisses people off. I didn't read a single other thing you wrote simply because of your nonsense in the first two sentences.

Throwing last season was hardly an investment in Marvin, it was just a f-ing nightmare because players like Al weren't the superstars we thought they would be when we acquired them.

• Premium Member

Let's see.

We did Suck. That much of what you said is true...

Howevr, when we traded Walker for GP and then CUT GP (while we needed a PG)...

Then we told Al to take the rest of the season off and rest your knees..

I would say that's pretty much throwing the season to get a better spot in the draft.

I don't know how you see it differently?

Quote:

Howevr, when we traded Walker for GP and then CUT GP (while we needed a PG)...

the ONLY way boston did the trade is if we would cut GP so they could sign him...otherwise, NO DEAL...we didn't cut GP so we'd lose more games; we cut him so we could get the pick for walker

Quote:

Then we told Al to take the rest of the season off and rest your knees..

I would say that's pretty much throwing the season to get a better spot in the draft.

I don't know how you see it differently?

telling Al to miss the rest of the year was a future-looking move, not a 'throw the season to get the #1 pick' move...why play al when we were eliminated from the playoffs and he was hurting his knees? why not let smoove/chill get more play time and experience while also letting al stay healthy?

Al can also create his own shot to a large degree, something that Smoove and Marvin have shown little to no propensity of being able to do. Thereby, for them to simply 'play the minutes, take the same number of shots'...JJ better become a SUPERstar, drawing consistent double teams etc, otherwise the 'quality' of those shots will decrease GREATLY from the ones that they are currently seeing.

It's simply not all about stats and mp40...if it were, Bird-Man Anderson would be a top 5 center in the league.

• Moderators

Quote:

If we threw the season as you surmise it was not in order to draft Marvin. If anything, it was a chance at drafting Bogut. No one made a decision to tank the season in order to get Marvin.

Saying we threw the season for the purpose of getting Marvin is like saying the Celtics threw the season before Pitino came to get Chauncy Billups.

(Duncan was drafted #1 overall but San Antonio got the ping pong balls)

Quote:

Al can also create his own shot to a large degree, something that Smoove and Marvin have shown little to no propensity of being able to do. Thereby, for them to simply 'play the minutes, take the same number of shots'...JJ better become a SUPERstar, drawing consistent double teams etc, otherwise the 'quality' of those shots will decrease GREATLY from the ones that they are currently seeing.

It's simply not all about stats and mp40...if it were, Bird-Man Anderson would be a top 5 center in the league.

Agreed.