• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Good Win.

KB21

It happens everytime. When the Hawks expend themselves defensively and get good ball movement offensively, they play well and win games.

This team withstood a run early in the third quarter where Houston cut the lead to 2 after being down by 10 at halftime. They built the lead back up and didn't let it get away.

Joe Johnson was his usual terrific self, scoring 22 points and dishing out 10 assists. Al Harrington showed why Billy Knight isn't just going to give him away and wants to resign him, because when he's on, he's unstoppable. Marvin Williams continues to get better. Josh Smith continues to do well defensively and on the boards.

The Hawks are 8-10 in their last 18 games. If they keep up that pace over the rest of the season, they will win around 28-30 games on the year. Guess what. That is an improvement over last season's 13 wins. Atlanta had 9 wins at the end of January last year. It's the middle of January this year, and they already have 10 with probably 2-3 more to come this month.

Continued progression. That's the motto for the Hawks right now. They will continue to progress, get into the offseason in good draft position, and continue to add pieces and talent to the puzzle. Patience is the key to rebuilding.

I forgot to add that the Hawks had 21 assists to 14 turnovers in the game.

Quote:

The Hawks beat the equivalent of a CBA team and you call it a good win? Man have our expectations been lowered.

So true the Rockets have like 3 starters hurt not really a quality win. But a win is a win thats for a sure a much needed one. Still that loss vs the Celtics is still in the back of my mind. Smith had a very good defense game he is pretty quick to defend the outside guys. Should have had a double/double but missed 3 FTS. I think he is more then capable of getting at least 10 boards a night if he just concentrates on rebounding more. Good game off the bench by Marvin Williams even though they were mostly dunks he brought good energy.

That's a typical response. Those that don't want the Hawks to do well always come up with an excuse for why they won instead of realizing exactly why they won. You never can give the team credit because it doesn't suit what you want your point of view to be.

Actual progression of the team doesn't fit in with the instant gratification crowd, because it wasn't immediate. I bet you get mad when you plant a seed and it doesn't immediately sprout when you cover it up with soil.

But go on, live in your instant gratification world. When this team is a championship team in a few years, I don't want to see you back on the bandwagon. Your ass can stay at home.

it really does'nt matter how many points you score, it's like STEVE SMITH said SMITH is always there to block a shot when we turn it over, he had a great game he did what was needed I was really impressed with WILLIAMS as he continues to show what he can do, hopefully the HAWKS see that by not resigning AL cool.gif

• Premium Member

Hey..

However, suited up had a Houston Rocket's Jersey on. I could see you point if we had won by forfeit.. BUT a pro team showed up to the Phil and they got beat by the Hawks. Had Howard, Head, Wesley, and Alston won the game you guys would be talking about how worthless the Hawks are... But that didn't happen and we did win so accept it!

A win is a win is a win.

If you mama and your aunts show up wearing Pistons' Jersey and Flip is coaching and Joey D. is in the booth, then the Hawks win, it's a victory over the Pistons plain and simple.

Quote:

It happens everytime. When the Hawks expend themselves defensively and get good ball movement offensively, they play well and win games.

This team withstood a run early in the third quarter where Houston cut the lead to 2 after being down by 10 at halftime. They built the lead back up and didn't let it get away.

Joe Johnson was his usual terrific self, scoring 22 points and dishing out 10 assists. Al Harrington showed why Billy Knight isn't just going to give him away and wants to resign him, because when he's on, he's unstoppable. Marvin Williams continues to get better. Josh Smith continues to do well defensively and on the boards.

The Hawks are 8-10 in their last 18 games. If they keep up that pace over the rest of the season, they will win around 28-30 games on the year. Guess what. That is an improvement over last season's 13 wins. Atlanta had 9 wins at the end of January last year. It's the middle of January this year, and they already have 10 with probably 2-3 more to come this month.

Continued progression. That's the motto for the Hawks right now. They will continue to progress, get into the offseason in good draft position, and continue to add pieces and talent to the puzzle. Patience is the key to rebuilding.

I forgot to add that the Hawks had 21 assists to 14 turnovers in the game.

It also helps that Houston is the oldest team in the league

and is missing Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming.

Continued progression. That's the motto for the Hawks right now. They will continue to progress, get into the offseason in good draft position, and continue to add pieces and talent to the puzzle. Patience is the key to rebuilding."

No doubt everything considered a 28-30 win season wouldn't

be bad. Not gunna put faith in that happening though. We'll

see.