• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Put Me On Another Bandwagon!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone acquiring Lue is acquiring him with the idea he will be a back-up, at best.

No actually the Lakers were pursuing him in the offseason but he chose to stay here. You may not like it but the simple fact is that Lue is the best 3pt shooter and best ball handler on the team.

I would trade Lue for Smush Parker in a heart beat, so LA can have him if they want. He didn't want to go to LA because he knew Kobe would ride him to play some defense.

Lue has made over double the number of 3s that Childress has, and Lue's career percentage is better than Salims percentage. Let Salim shoot over 40% for a season before you annoit him the best 3 pt shooter.

And Lue just doesn't take wide open 3s, or perhaps you forgot about the 3 he hit over a 7 footer to seal the Denver game. Selective memory. He shoots them off the dribble frequently when he gets people back on their heels.

Quote:

Lue has made over double the number of 3s that Childress has, and Lue's career percentage is better than Salims percentage.

And Salim has taken twice as many 3 pointers than Lue. That's my point. And of course not every single 3 Lue takes is open and of course not every single 3 Salim takes is contested.

The point is Salim has to shoot threes twice as often as Lue, the coach puts him in with specific instructions for him to try to gun us back into the game no matter what, whereas Lue typically only takes one if it occurs in the flow of the game and finds himself pretty open. I know Lue has taken tough 3s in the clutch as has Al when someone has to do it, but overall both of them mostly only take open 3s while Salim doesn't have that luxury.

Are you honestly telling me that if we put Lue and Salim in a 3 pt contest (no defense) you think Lue would stand a chance against Salim?

Quote:

Are you honestly telling me that if we put Lue and Salim in a 3 pt contest (no defense) you think Lue would stand a chance against Salim?

Yes. You must have forgotten how Lue shot over 50% from 3 last year after Al went down and Lue became the primary offensive option. I am not surprised though.

When Salim gets hot from 3 the board goes nuts.

When Lue goes 5-6 from 3 to secure a tight victory......

*crickets*

Salim's a dangerous scorer, a sniper, Lue's a good shooter.

Its like Redick to other shooters. Redick doesn't put up the percentage numbers, but he hits shots with ridiculous degrees of difficulty and range, and you HAVE to know where he is on the floor to keep him from getting an open look. Salim is the same way. You don't have to worry about Lue like that, you know he's not gunning like those guys, and if he did, he wouldn't hit very many.

I'm as anti-Redick as it gets, but I can't deny that there's a huge differnce in the kind of scorer/shooter he is and the type that converts a higher percentage but typically only takes wide open threes.

Lue knows his limits and he's smart enough to stay within them. Salim believes there are no limits and plays accordingly. Salim is a dangerous dude.

Quote:

Lue knows his limits and he's smart enough to stay within them. Salim believes there are no limits and plays accordingly. Salim is a dangerous dude.

My big problem with Salim is that for a guy who played in college 4 years his overall court awareness, ball handling and passing aren't very good. he is going to have to make a major improvement in these areas in order for the Hawks to get the benefit of his scoring ability.