• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Some thoughts on Billy Knight

Blunt91

I was looking at a Motivational Seminar by Les Brown today and it made me think of Billy Knight. One statement in particular that stuck out was when he said "If you believe firmly in something stick to it." I think Billy Knight has a vision of how he wants the team to be and no matter what we might think or the media he is going to stick to his plan. Les Brown also talked about having patience with whatever your trying to accomplish. Success doesn't come over night and Billy Knight recognizes that. Times are going to be rough trying to reach your goal(The Hawks current losing ways) but you can't let that faze you. The bottom line is that Billy Knight recognizes that we aren't a very good team, he knows we need to get better but he isn't going to go the easy route(Over pay for medicore players) just to get better quickly. Knight wants to put together the best possible team he can and it might take some time to accomplish. Most us view Billy Knight as being stubborn and having a ego,but the real fact is that Billy Knight is just confident in himself and what he is trying to do.

Quote:

I was looking at a Motivational Seminar by Les Brown today and it made me think of Billy Knight. One statement in particular that stuck out was when he said "If you believe firmly in something stick to it." I think Billy Knight has a vision of how he wants the team to be and no matter what we might think or the media he is going to stick to his plan. Les Brown also talked about having patience with whatever your trying to accomplish. Success doesn't come over night and Billy Knight recognizes that. Times are going to be rough trying to reach your goal(The Hawks current losing ways) but you can't let that faze you. The bottom line is that Billy Knight recognizes that we aren't a very good team, he knows we need to get better but he isn't going to go the easy route(Over pay for medicore players) just to get better quickly. Knight wants to put together the best possible team he can and it might take some time to accomplish. Most us view Billy Knight as being stubborn and having a ego,but the real fact is that Billy Knight is just confident in himself and what he is trying to do.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Trust me there isn't any doubt whatsoever that we will get a big this offseason. None. The question is whether we will get the right ones, and at what price. The other question is whether we can get a PG here and get veterans here.

Personally, I expect a cohesive team by next year. I would like a push for the playoffs, but that's not what I'll judge BK on. I do feel like he's given himself enough flexibility that there is no excuse to come out of this offseason without a team that has at least one starter-worthy player or young gun with potential at each position.

As much as I bash this team and try to keep the rose colored glasses in the drawer...I think the Hawks are 2 solid bigs and a solid (doesn't have to be CP) PG away from contending for a playoff spot next year.

Whether or not that can be accomplished, however, is a big question.

(reading my post before hitting the button I realize - you could probably put 2 solid bigs and a solid PG together with the best 2s and 3s you could pick up from NBDL/CBA/Europe, and you would have as good a team as we have now smirk.gif)

AL isn't coming back to the Hawks. Sorry to rain on your neverending AL parade. BK is posturing and knows that he needs people that will play defense at least once or twice a game. BK is working with AL to get a better deal for Atlanta. If it looks like teams like Chicago can't just sign him...if it looks like we may keep him...we can get something of real value in return from a team that wants AL. That is the plan. If your counting on him next year you are counting on the wrong guy. AL is not playing for the Hawks next year and you can take it straight to the bank.

THANX FOR SAYING THAT BILLY DRAFTED OUR FUTURE FORWARDS THE LAST 2 YEAR IN SMITH AND WILLIAMS, THEY ARE YOUNG BUT THEY HAVE SHOWN THE PROMISE AND CHILL I LIKE HIM ALOT HE'S STARTING TO PLAY LIKE HE WAS WORTH THE NUMBER PICK , IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE AL IS GONE AND I CANT WAIT.

I think our best shot at a PG in the offseason is in the draft. Hopefully a decent PG could fall in to the early 2ndround if we don't acquire another 1strounder. I just don't see Billy going after any of the veteran PG's that will be free agents. Cassel is too old and guys like Speedy Claxton aren't much better than Lue. That's why I say our best bet is the draft, but don't waste a pick on a Hybrid PG like another Royal Ivey.