Brevin Knight

Melvin Ely

06 1st rd pick

Hawks trade

Tony Delk

Marvin Williams

06 2nd rd pick

I'd consider this.

Gets us another lottery pick. Loosens up the logjam. Gets us a PF/C and a pure PG..

How does that math work? There are two forward positions - 48 minutes a piece, total of 96, divided by 4 that is 24 minutes each.

I guess Childress could play a few minutes a shooting guard, but JJ plays 40 per night and Salim should get around 10.

None of the 4 can play center, even for a few minutes should be discouraged because of the defensive shortcomings.

well al does play center already when zaza gets rest or is in foul trouble; tho i think smoove would do a better job than al there

in fact, he's already played 15% of all center mins this year (7.2mpg)

slim will improve his pg play over the years; he's a rookie

but either way, if we get a good pg that plays 30mpg, jj can play the other 18mpg at pg with chill as his mate

jj: 18pg, 17sg = 35mpg

smoove: 25pf, 5sf = 30mpg

al: 23pf, 7c = 30mpg

marvin: 30sf = 30mpg

chill: 13sf, 17sg = 30mpg

that leaves 14mpg for slim at sg as a bench scorer getting 10-12ppg off the bench

and leaves room for a 30mpg starting pg

and leaves 41mpg for 2 centers: zaza and ?

there is your 9-man rotation

tho i'd prefer to trade al for a pg/defensive big and draft a pg/defensive big...

then we'd have 71 mins between al's 30 and the 41 for the 2 centers...if zaza gets 25 of those, we'd have 46mpg for some defensive bigs like nene/aldridge/pryz and for andersen to try to earn 20mpg

i think we'll have enough offense with jj/marvin/smoove/chill/slim/zaza/pg/bigs and our defensive will be much improved...that consistent d will allow us to see the other side of 40 games each year and travel into the playoffs...if one or more of our young guys develops into a true superstar and goto guy, we can contend

jj: 20ppg

marvin: 20ppg

smoove: 15ppg

chill: 15ppg

slim: 12ppg

zaza: 12ppg

pg: 10ppg

bigs: 10ppg

obviously that wouldn't all happen cause we're not scoring over 110/game...but those are all realistic individual numbers (marvin's is hoping he turns out to be the superstar tho) so as a team they should be fine scoring around 100ish/game and their defense will be well above average if the pg they get is defensive and they get good defensive big