• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We Need to Make a Move....

TheDude

After the Detroit Debacle, it is apparent that we need to do SOMETHING. Al Harrington is not going to save this franchise so we need to take a chance with the young guys getting playing time and trade Al for other pieces. If Marvin is eventually going to be a superstar, let's get him the playing time to increase that...

because we're not going to do much unless another superstar steps up...and unless we're only shooting to NOTSUCKREEALLBAD this year, there is no other reason NOT to give more playing time to the young guys.

I've been a BK supporter, and still am, but Al NEEDS to be moved if we can bring some more pieces in at center and point.

by the way, anyone got that list of free agents for this coming offseason?

so what if we put together a package to get the kandi man from the wolves, maybe even get sprewell too, and they could dump him. or maybe we could try for a bobby jackson/lorenzen wright deal from memphis. or are wright and kandi too much of a risk? they'd probably be as solid as pachulia, or could at least back him up as well as batista and edwards. whaddya think?

• Premium Member

We don't need to make a trade. Not one that makes no sense for us. We need to take our time and get a good deal if we trade anybody.

Let me ask this...

If Dallas said, we'd give you Harris for Marvin (and that's the only Hawks player we want) would you do it?

Would you trade Marvin for Harris and re-sign Al?

If you say no, then you have admitted that WE DON'T need to make a trade to:

1. Eleviate a log jam.

2. To get a PG in here.

Quote:

We don't need to make a trade. Not one that makes no sense for us. We need to take our time and get a good deal if we trade anybody.

Let me ask this...

If Dallas said, we'd give you Harris for Marvin (and that's the only Hawks player we want) would you do it?

Would you trade Marvin for Harris and re-sign Al?

If you say no, then you have admitted that WE DON'T need to make a trade to:

1. Eleviate a log jam.

2. To get a PG in here.

I do this trade only if Devin Harris agrees to be a pass first PG. If he does that sign me im all for it no log jam at SF and we finally get a good young pg to go with our guns. But Devin Needs to score less and pass more.

thanks for the list exodus..

you're just trying to paint me into a corner to admit that harris is better than Marvin...Marvin is supposed to be superstar one day...what will harris be?...

i'd be inclined to do a trade like that BUT Dallas would need to give me something else..Harris is not enough....I won't take a lopsided trade JUST to remove the logjam..

it's about removing the logjam and getting stars TO MAKE US BETTER...not just to remove the logjam...

I've said it before, I'll say it again

Lue+Al for Gadzuric+Mo Williams

Williams/Ivey

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith

Gadzuric/Pachulia

as the basic rotation for the future before any additions in the offseason. Draft Aldridge, try to sign some veteran PG, bring over Anderson

PG/Williams/Ivey

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith/Pachulia

Aldridge/Gadzuric/Anderson

I like it and it seems reasonable if Milwaukee is interested in Al

you know what's odd...is if we made a trade with detroit and traded Al and say a future #1 for Ben Wallace(yes i know he's a unrestricted free agent this year and this would be a bad trade for us), i think it would invigorate the players and we could win quite a few games i think...he's old so not a good long termwise but still interesting to think about.