• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tyrus Thomas

exodus

Good question. They look pretty similar. I have never seen the guy play so I wouldn't know.

Personally I would like to get someone with more beef who can bang down low.

KB seems to be in love with him so I decided to check him out. Looks like a typical late bloomer.

MSJL10501190403.jpg

He's 6'9", 230 lbs right now. There is no reason to think that he won't be one of the new breed of NBA centers in the Amare Stoudemire/Dwight Howard mold.

He's also up to 5th on Chad Ford's draft board at this time.

Just to add, Tyrus leads the SEC in rebounding, blocked shots, and field goal percentage.

His overall numbers on the year have him shooting 62% from the floor, 13.8 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 3.87 BPG, and he only plays 26.5 MPG.

His numbers in SEC competition are 13 PPG, 11.3 RPG, and 5 BPG.

No one would be able to get a shot off with Thomas and Smith in the paint.

Quote:

MSJL10501190403.jpg

He's 6'9", 230 lbs right now. There is no reason to think that he won't be one of the new breed of NBA centers in the Amare Stoudemire/Dwight Howard mold.

He's also up to 5th on Chad Ford's draft board at this time.

Just to add, Tyrus leads the SEC in rebounding, blocked shots, and field goal percentage.

His overall numbers on the year have him shooting 62% from the floor, 13.8 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 3.87 BPG, and he only plays 26.5 MPG.

His numbers in SEC competition are 13 PPG, 11.3 RPG, and 5 BPG.

No one would be able to get a shot off with Thomas and Smith in the paint.

So he is exactly like a player we already have. Gotcha.

Quote:

So he is exactly like a player we already have. Gotcha.

Funny you say that because Smith actually spent some time at center against the Bucks. he was guarding Magloire for a good part of the 1st quarter and Jamal didn't score squat. he tried to back Josh down with no luck and got his jumper to end the quarter blocked.

i'm starting to come to the conclusion that we need Pryz back...there's only a few decent centers in the league and that number is dwindling...we just need someone who can block some shots, rebound, and play defense...i think him and ZaZa together would be sufficient..

unless we get Oden, there's not much else out there.

Read some about him in last week's SI, and he sounds like a good prospect.

I agree that I would prefer someone at least close to 7'0", so Aldridge is the guy I want the most .

That article mentioned a 6'11" project kind of player from a smaller school who's beginning to get some pub for the draft. Might be a late pick, anyone know anything about this guy whose name I can't remember?

215, and from the looks of him he's a far cry from 230.

Hell, why not draft him and Rudy Gay and make ourselves a developmental team for real NBA squads who need a developed forward.

W

The true 7 footer is a thing of a past. There will be an exception every now and then, but there aren't enough skilled 7 footers for that aspect to define the position any longer.

In the very near future, you will see more and more teams start looking at Phoenix with Amare Stoudemire at center and Orlando with Dwight Howard at center, and that's the type of center that will soon be in vogue in the NBA. Of course, Ben Wallace is the prototype for those types of centers.

I guess I should say that the style of center in the NBA will soon be going to the Amare Stoudemire type as well as the skilled, European big man type. These days, if you want a 7 footer that is skilled, you will have to find him overseas.

The only legitimately skilled 7 footer, in the US, that is on the horizon is Greg Oden. He'll be the outlier in the league though, because the Amare Stoudemires and Dwight Howards of the NBA will define the position.