• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Success?

codyatl

If we came out of this offseason with Rondo and Hilario would you guys consider it a successful offseason? Barring some huge trades that looks about as good as we could do. We would have to throw some big money nene was but surely denver would let him go, if he doesn't pan out or he shows to be an injury waiting to happen we can waive him via the new collective barganing deal. Not sure how that works though but I do recall hearing that each team has the right to waive a player and be free of their contract.

Rondo/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smoove/????

Nene/Zaza

Still we have Al to fill holes with a trade. Maybe a vet bruiser and a pick. One thing I can say about those backups- instant offense. I would be a little concerned with the starters being able to score enough. They would depend on Marvin and smoove developing quickly but I think they would be great in transition. Thoughts?

Nene is garbage, what has he ever done? he's gonna get $8-10 million simply because he's tall...

I'm sorry, but a player coming off of major re-constructive knee surgery, that has not done ANYTHING in his career does not interest me.

I'm not sure why his name keeps coming up

• Moderators

Quote:

Mr. H is the expert around here on these issues, but I don't think it's possible to waive players under the CBA anymore. That was a short window, and anybody waived now would count against the cap.

That is right. Even waived, you still had to pay them. They just didn't count for luxury tax purposes.

It is a pipe dream to think we are getting all that in the off-season. The team had the exact same needs coming into this past season and the only thing BK did about it was sign another shooting guard (JJ), draft another small forward (Marvin), draft still another shooting guard (Salim) and sign a solid back-up bigman to fill a starting role (Zaza).

So to sum up, team went into '05 off-season needing a starting caliber point guard and big man and came away with neither.

So excuse me if I think it is crazy that BK will now somehow be able to obtain two starting caliber centers and a starting caliber point guard - especially after he already traded away two future first round draft picks and gave out a max contract.

Quote:

So excuse me if I think it is crazy that BK will now somehow be able to obtain two starting caliber centers and a starting caliber point guard - especially after he already traded away two future first round draft picks and gave out a max contract.

Yeah EDS...we're gettin low on chips and need a miracle...problem is lotsa the other GMs are pretty good at this game. Who's to say they won't snooker us again?