• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We got outcoached again!!

Wurider05

I was at the game, this is what I saw. I saw Smoove replace Zaza in the 4th to stop the lay-up drill that was happening. That is why Zaza was not in the game. He can't stop anything inside. Smoove was pretty much playing the 5 spot. He was sagging off his man to try to stay close to the lane to challenge a drive. The problem was it really opened up the drive and kick. When Marshall dropped that 3 that pretty much sunk us, that was what happened. Cleveland cleared out the middle for LeBron. If Smoove came off to challenge, the ball was kicked out, if he stayed, LeBron made a layup. (and free throw alot of times) I don't know if we were out coached so much as LeBron just got us. His ability to drive and finish is damn near Jordan.

As for the Marvin/Smoove debate, this is what I think. When I watch Smoove in the game on offense, he pretty much stands on the wing and stays there. When I watch Marvin, he cuts through and moves around which gets him some open looks. If Marvin sees JJ drive to the basket, he follows him to the hole. Smoove just stands out on the wing and watches. However, in the 4th quarter, Smoove wasn't watching so much, he was much more active. If he'd play with that kind of intensity all game, he would be a much better player.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

If he plays Marvin more, then everyone is going to be bitching about why Josh Smith wasn't playing more.

I agree about the first part, but that's an equal condemnation on the GM who picked 4 Sfs with the last 4 highest picks (including Diaw). As far as Ivey and Salim, neither of these guys are starter quality so...what?!?

KB, quit defending the worst coach in the NBA.

W

did u not read my full post?

you guys are crying about the outrageous number of fts (51?) in the game and saying that is why we lost...however, my argument is that we still lost in the 4th if they had a more normal number of fts...if they had a normal number of fts in the 4th, they still woulda gotten 5 more points off of fts and still won the game...therefore the abnormal number of fts didn't cost us the game, rather our offense only scoring 15 points and turning it over several times is what cost us the game

The score was tied 93-93 with 4 minutes left.

According to the game feed we had no turnovers in the last 4 minutes. However, we shot 1-7 from the field, and 2-4 from the FT line. Cleveland went to the line 4 times, one of those a 3 point play. Actually Donyell Marshall did most of the scoring. Lebron only went to the line once in the last 4 minutes.

To me, we lost the game with poor offensive execution. 1-7 from the field and 2-4 from the line does not get you a win in crunch time.

I also believe letting them back in the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter was mostly because of turnovers. Look at the feed.