• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WHY IN THE HELL DIDN"T WE GET SKITA?

Johnnybravo4

I just read on inside hoops that Phoenix got Skita for a 2006 second round pick.....What? What in the hell was Billy Knight doing? You mean to tell me that we couldn't get Skita since our 2nd rounder will be waaaaay better than the Sun's. And I want somebody on this board to tell me that Skita wouldn't be a better option off of the bench than John Edwards, Esteban Batista, or Royal Ivey.

Why haven't we made a move? Any move? We are 11-28...to not make a move is an insult to the season ticket holders, fans and the entire city for that matter. No one is accountable for this season. We are letting Billy Knight's ego destroy this franchise. I think that in his mind a trade means that Belkin wins and so we have to ride or die with this piss poor roster.

All I know is that if I was in Atlanta Spirit and I paid millions of dollars to buy a part of this team then I would be mad as fu*k right about now...hell I only spent a couple grand on season tickets and I am mad as hell.

I agree that we shouldn't make moves just to make moves but sh(t we aren't even rumored in anything anymore. And when we get slaughtered by 40 today by the Suns I will wake up on Saturday morning and a move still wouldn't have been made. This sh*t sucks!

• Premium Member

I think Denver was burned on the Skita pick. I'm not saying that we shouldn't have went after him, I'm saying that he hasn't done enough in the league to be all up in arms because we didn't get him...

It's like crying because we haven't picked up Mateen Cleeves. Coming out of MSU, people thought Cleeves was the best thing since Sliced bread. Welp...

I never did understand the skita hype. And that's coming from a guy who would like to get darko. Skita has never shown anything. BK intends to get real bigs this offseason. Assuming you get 2 (i.e. Aldridge+Nene), you don't have room for 2 new bigs + Pachulia + Anderson + Skita

Skita would end up cut or inactive. I'd rather keep what amounts to a very late 1st rounder and try to adress a need. Besides, we should be bringing over Anderson, who is a better Skita.

• Moderators

Quote:

You all are missing my point....AK-47, Peja, Dirk...it doesn't matter he is going to become a stud in Phoenix.

All you predicting an All-NBA caliber player like those guys? He hasn't done nearly what any of them did their first 3 years in the league and none of them shot out of the box.

he may become a stud in phoenix due to their system

but he wouldn't have here

this isn't nbalive...we have to get people that fit and we don't need a 3pt shooting softy big...we need beef defense and rebounding in the middle

and woody woulda treated him like diaw and he wouldn't have played even if he did do well

bottom line is he doesn't fit bk's blueprint for this team or the direction this team is, and needs to, go so why waste a 2nd rounder on him

exactly

best case we keep zaza and bring over andersen and we draft a big like shelden/aldridge and sign one like pryz/nene

if u keep any of batman/edwards/thomas/skita it'd be batman cause at least he has a chance to become a defensive rebounder once he learns the nba and stops fouling

andersen is closer to an all-star center than skita will ever be to dirk/peja/ak47...he at least averages 15/8 as one of the stars on one of the best teams in the league

there are 13 spots on the roster...here is what i'd like to see

true pg who can also defend

ivey

jj

slim

marvin

chill

donta

smoove

batman

zaza

andersen

aldridge/williams

nene/pryz

we'll have defense on the perimeter (pg/ivey/jj/chill/donta) and in the post (smoove/shelden/nene)

we'll have 3pt shooting (jj/slim/marvin), slashing (chill/marvin/smoove) and paint scoring (marvin/smoove/zaza/andersen/shelden)

we'll have 4 players capable of the pg position: pg/ivey/jj/slim

we'll have 4 players capable of the sg position: jj/slim/chill/donta

we'll have 5 players capable of the sf position: jj/chill/marvin/smoove/donta

we'll have 5 players capable of the pf position: smoove/shelden/andersen/nene/batman

we'll have 5 players capable of the c position: zaza/shelden/nene/andersen/smoove

so we just need to convince denver to do al for dre (or portland to do al for one of their pgs) and then draft shelden/aldridge, bring over andersen and sign nene/pryz

Quote:

there are 13 spots on the roster...here is what i'd like to see

true pg who can also defend

ivey

jj

slim

marvin

chill

donta

smoove

batman

zaza

andersen

aldridge/williams

nene/pryz

we'll have defense on the perimeter (pg/ivey/jj/chill/donta) and in the post (smoove/shelden/nene)

we'll have 3pt shooting (jj/slim/marvin), slashing (chill/marvin/smoove) and paint scoring (marvin/smoove/zaza/andersen/shelden)

we'll have 4 players capable of the pg position: pg/ivey/jj/slim

we'll have 4 players capable of the sg position: jj/slim/chill/donta

we'll have 5 players capable of the sf position: jj/chill/marvin/smoove/donta

we'll have 5 players capable of the pf position: smoove/shelden/andersen/nene/batman

we'll have 5 players capable of the c position: zaza/shelden/nene/andersen/smoove

so we just need to convince denver to do al for dre (or portland to do al for one of their pgs) and then draft shelden/aldridge, bring over andersen and sign nene/pryz

I wish that would happen, but it is a long shot. Add a decent coach and that is a competitive team.