• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WHY IN THE HELL DIDN"T WE GET SKITA?

Johnnybravo4

I don't want to depend on the draft for everything..no matter who you pick, it will take years for them to develop...we have enought young people on this team...we need veterans. If Skita would have improved equal to Zaza's improvement this team wins more games. As unimpressive as Skita may have been so far, I still would take him over a theoretical 31st pick..especially from this draft. I mean hell...we are trying to pump up an average Aldridge in to another Garnett.

Quote:

We make 1 good 2nd round pick in 20 years and all of a sudden they are worth gold now?

Remember Hanno Mattola, Chris Crawford, Shammond Williams...where are they now?

a) we were always a mediocre team with a late 30s/early 40s instead of a 31/32 pick

b) that was babcock; bk has drafted diaw/ivey/donta/slim/cenk with his 2nd rounders...diaw is a good player in the right system (and coach who will play him) and ivey is a good snow-esque backup pg...slim may become the best sniper in the league

and again, skita doesn't fit into our long-term plans; he may be ok this season, but there shouldn't be room for him next year and after

Quote:

so we just need to convince denver to do al for dre (or portland to do al for one of their pgs) and then draft shelden/aldridge, bring over andersen and sign nene/pryz

You're on the right track.

I am going to assume that we let Al walk for nothing, since that is the direction that BK seems to be heading

If we draft Aldridge/Shelden and then sign Przy/Nene that puts them in a 4 man rotation at the 4/5 along with Zaza and Smith. That is one too many.

This offseason Portland will be looking for a big because all they will have is Theo and Ha. I bet we could trade Zaza for Jack. Blake has played very well for them and they also have Telfair so they might be willing to trade Jack for a big.

If the Hawks get Jack that will give them a legit starting pg and a good defender. Having a 4/5 rotation of Nene/Przy, Smith, Aldridge/Shelden will make the Hawks interior D a strength rather than a weakness.

Even if we can't get Jack I don't think it is a reach to think we could trade Zaza for a good pg.

Quote:

I don't want to depend on the draft for everything..no matter who you pick, it will take years for them to develop...we have enought young people on this team...we need veterans.

Fair enough. Then why would you want skita? He's played 1860 minutes, 47% less than Childress.

• Moderators

Quote:

Because his 1860 minutes is more minutes in the NBA than whatever scrub PF/C, Euro 2 guard or Honorable mention All Conference USA pg that we would get with a second round pick

Here are the best players from the first two picks of the second round the last few years:

2005 Salim Stoudemire

2004 Anderson Varejão

2003 Jason Kapano

2002 Steve Logan

2001 Gilbert Arenas

Every single one of those players is significantly better than Skita other than Steve Logan. Why would we give up the first pick of the second round for him?

• Moderators

Draftexpress currently has Hassan Adams out of Arizona as its 31st rated player if it makes any difference.

Just one spot below they have Dee Brown out of Illinois.

It is too early at this point to know much about who will be there at 31 but I'll take my chances based on the history of recent players available there.