• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin's shot

exodus

We can all see that Marvin has very good form on his J and is certainly comfortable shooting it, but he has been inconsistent. I think there are two reasons for this.

First is obviously confidence. As a rookie who is obviously unsure of himself he is probably battling nerves. If he makes a couple early he seems to shoot well the rest of the game.

The second reason is that I think he is adjusting to weightlifting. I am not sure of this but I believe that most teams have weightlifting regimens they follow during the season.

Since they play mostly at night that means they will be lifting the morning of game days. This isn't a problem for guys who are used to lifting. I used to play ball right after lifting and it wasn't a problem. But for someone who is new to lifting it can certainly be a problem.

Marvins shooting percentage has been steadily climbing, so i think he may be getting more confident as well as getting used to the workout routines. he is shooting about 10% higher this month than he was is november.

Quote:

Marvin probably still trying to work himself back into basketball shape. Remember he came into his workouts out of shape. Had he been in shape. His workouts more than likely would have been better. Bucks
might
have taken him 1st.

I love the line up

We can draft Marcus Williams to be our PG

He was reportedly tired during his Hawks workout, if I remember correctly he didn't show any fatigue in his Bucks workout. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole-hill. He needed a breather during a workout, a workout in which he was probably extremely nervous with all the attention focused on him. Now we question whether or not he's willing to work hard?

He hasn't shown signs of being lethargic this season. maybe He's playing less minutes because his body's still adjusting to an 82-game travel schedule, but I've never heard or read anything about him that suggests he's not committed to the work required.

Back to the original post, his FG% has been rising steadily all season. .373 in November, .438 in December and .477 in January.

He's playing the same number of minutes - this might be an indication that he still needs time to get used to the increased strain the NBA season puts on the body. Don't kid yourself if you don't think a lot of players have trouble with that.

His rebounding and scoring has been rising each month too. Subtle but constant improvement, getting comfortable and gaining confidence. People who have followed him expected him to come along with patience, not to come out like a star.

He works hard when he is on the court but frequently looks winded on the foul line. And he sure gets pushed around easily. Smith looks to be stronger and have more stamina.

He looks like a guy who hasn't really had to work that hard to be good. he definitely has some work to do to realize his potential.

exodus - i couldn't agree with you more about the work he has left to do, but just because Josh is a stronger guy right now doesn't mean that marvin hasn't worked hard to get to where he is. Very few athletes are fully developed at 19, and osh put in a lot of work in his first offseason.

I hope we'll see the same kind of physical improvement for Marvin. I haven't heard anything about him that makes me doubt we will.

Quote:

He was reportedly tired during his Hawks workout, if I remember correctly he didn't show any fatigue in his Bucks workout. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

I believe this is correct. They gave him a breather just to be sure, because those workouts are to see exactly what a player can and can't do, moreso than seeing what kind of shape they're in at that point in time. A hard worker can get into shape under proper supervision.

He has seemed to be in great shape all season, this is a total non-issue to me

One other thing I have noticed is he isn't getting his shots in the lane blocked as often as he was earlier in the year.

He used to go up and try to dunk with 2 hands and those shots are easier to block. Now he goes up with one hand which allows him to use his body to shield off the defender. Now he either finishes or gets to the line.