• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Cenk Akyol - Any new info on on him?

WraithSentinel

he's playing for Efes Pilsen (Turkey) in the Euroleague. in 8 games this season he has a TOTAL of 5 assists and avg of 4 pts and 13 min per game. he's 18 and on a pretty good team (2nd place) so his minutes are limited. he's listed as a forward (euroleague.net) but he would probably be a SG here. don't expect him in the nba anytime soon.

wow. another wasted draft pick. I believe there has to be plenty of quality college seniors that get looked over every year. perhaps NBA teams will change their strategies on drafting euros.

case in point Esteban Batista. he was supposed to be some hot find this year. people were talking about this guy like he was some kind of Manute Bol find. i remember words like "beast." LOL he finally gets off the bench last game and fouls out in like 5 mins of play. very funny.

the hawks need to be looking for Shane Battier type players in the draft.

you must not know how it works

we could outright sign any domestic player that was available with that pick; so the only way to get anything of value with that pick was to sign a young euro and stash him overseas for a few years

cenk is playing very very well and looks to be a STEAL if he continues to progress

if u have the 40th-50th pick in the draft, you go for BPA...when you have one of the last 2-5 picks, you go for the best potential in euro since u can leave them there to develop and any domestic players you can just sign the next week

Quote:

we could outright sign any domestic player that was available with that pick; so the only way to get anything of value with that pick was to sign a young euro and stash him overseas for a few years

cenk is playing very very well and looks to be a STEAL if he continues to progress

if u have the 40th-50th pick in the draft, you go for BPA...when you have one of the last 2-5 picks, you go for the best potential in euro since u can leave them there to develop and any domestic players you can just sign the next week

you are right. i must NOT know how it works. i screamed at the TV when the Hawks drafted Alan Henderson, i'm still trying to figure out who the hell Priest Lauderdale is, i screamed at the TV when the Hawks traded for Abdur Rahim when they could have picked Battier, i screamed at the TV when they passed on Deng, and I screamed at the TV when they passed on Jameer Nelson.

you are right. i have no clue.

picks like ed gray over bobby jackson; roshown mcleod over ricky davis; cal bowlder over... anybody. but i think it's too early to put cenk in this group. he's a total project and i agree with nicholas about the whole late 2nd round pick thing. you really have nothing to lose in that postion.

Quote:

I would much rather have the rights to Randolph Morris then Cenk.

• Moderators

Cenk looks like a total steal. Anybody criticizing the second to last pick in the draft going for him is...well I'm not going to call anyone a moron here but let's just say that pick looks GREAT. I we want the rights to Morris all we have to do is offer him a guaranteed contract. He is available today.