• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This Summer is Our Summer!!!!!!!!!!!

LastDon

If we finish with the worst record we will have a 25% chance of winning the lottery with the lowest pick we can have being three. The Knicks and Raptors will probably be right behind us in wins and losses. Their is no way New York would take Aldridge because they are loaded up front. I also don't think Toronto would take a big with them already having Bosh, and Villenueva. I just think the odds of Aldridge falling into our lap look are really good.

If we draft Aldridge,Resign Terry, and Lorenzen Wright,fire Mike Woodson and hire Eric Musseleman as coach. I think we would be in the playoffs. I love Wright's game the Chemistry he and JT had before the trade was tremendous. I think that could be a selling point in resigning JT because he and Lo were best friends.

I think this lineup is Formittable even if AL walk and we get nothing.

C Lorenzen Wright/Za Za

Pf Lamarcus Aldridge/Josh Smith

Sf Marvin Williams/Childress/Josh Smith

Sg Joe Johnson/Childress/Salim

PG Jason Terry/Salim/Lue

I think that team would definitely make some noise.

we are already in front of charlotte, 2 wins behind NY, 3 wins behind TO and Houston, and 4 wins behind POR

Now I would assume that Houston will have a better record than us with Yao and TMac coming back eventually. However, the bottom 5 of CHA-ATL-NY-TO-POR could finish in any order. We are a long way from the top pick.

Also if Aldridge is far and away the top prospect, he will go #1. If the team has to trade, they will. If they have to duplicate what they have like us with Marvin, they might.

Also JT won't come back

However, I love your optimism!

Quote:

If we finish with the worst record we will have a 25% chance of winning the lottery with the lowest pick we can have being three. The Knicks and Raptors will probably be right behind us in wins and losses. Their is no way New York would take Aldridge because they are loaded up front. I also don't think Toronto would take a big with them already having Bosh, and Villenueva. I just think the odds of Aldridge falling into our lap look are really good.

If we draft Aldridge,Resign Terry, and Lorenzen Wright,fire Mike Woodson and hire Eric Musseleman as coach. I think we would be in the playoffs. I love Wright's game the Chemistry he and JT had before the trade was tremendous. I think that could be a selling point in resigning JT because he and Lo were best friends.

I think this lineup is Formittable even if AL walk and we get nothing.

C Lorenzen Wright/Za Za

Pf Lamarcus Aldridge/Josh Smith

Sf Marvin Williams/Childress/Josh Smith

Sg Joe Johnson/Childress/Salim

PG Jason Terry/Salim/Lue

I think that team would definitely make some noise.

I doubt any of that will happen. I dont think Woodson is going to get fired untill he fails with a team that has the talent to win, I like Terry and Wright and would love to see them back but it won't happen. Even if we got them back we would have a quite small bunch of Centers and PGs when everyone knows BK tries to create matchup problems. I don't think Aldridge is a pipe dream, he may actually be a Hawk next year. As for that line-up...Marvin and Aldridge over Smoove? Not happening...Lorenzen Wright over Zaza...really not happening.

I also like your spirit though!!!!

we will have 27 wins

we will win at a higher rate after the all-star game than before; that's normal as we both get better and teams in the playoffs coast more

we are halfway done with the season, so we would win 24 just by doubling our wins (23 since we are 1 game over half)

that's with us being as HORRIBLE as we were in november

however, in december we went 5-9

however, in january we went 5-10

that's 10-19 or 34.5%

.345*41 games left = 14.145

14.145+12 wins already = 26.145

i'd say we are right on pace for my 27 wins

Quote:

we wont have 27 wins

at the current rate of approx. 3 losses for every win we'll win 19-20 with 22-23 as an optimistic outlook.

well if we did win at the same rate (.279), we'll get 23 wins. However, with all the chaos of collier's death and the new team, we started 2-16.

Since then, we are 10-15 (.400). If we keep winning at that rate, we'll win 15-16 more games, for a total of 27-28 wins.

I said 25 wins +/- 3 and I'll stick with it.

Quote:

we will have 27 wins

we will win at a higher rate after the all-star game than before; that's normal as we both get better and teams in the playoffs coast more

we are halfway done with the season, so we would win 24 just by doubling our wins (23 since we are 1 game over half)

that's with us being as HORRIBLE as we were in november

however, in december we went 5-9

however, in january we went 5-10

that's 10-19 or 34.5%

.345*41 games left = 14.145

14.145+12 wins already = 26.145

i'd say we are right on pace for my 27 wins

Who cares if it is 23 wins or 28, it still stinks. Plus, winning more gives the team even less of a chance at the number one pick, which is likely Aldridge - the one big guy in this draft that fills a serious need (defensive player taller then 6'9").

The only reason Smoove starts over Marvin Now is because he adds a shot blocking pressence to the lineup. If we had a legitamite pf like Aldridge 6'11 with a 7'3 wingspan equip with a arsenal of post moves and defensive prowess Josh Smith would be the role player that he was meant to be for this team. Josh Smith on a solid team would only be a 25 minute a game energy guy!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong guys I like the hustle that ZaZa has but he is the worst finishing big man in the league that's why his rebound numbers are inflated. Za Za is also a ball stopper every time he gets the ball he is going to try and muscle his way to the basket and force a shot. That's why his field goal % so low. On the other hand Lo Wright has good hands and can finish and is also an unselfish player.

Quote:

Za Za is also a ball stopper every time he gets the ball he is going to try and muscle his way to the basket and force a shot.

i find that zaza passes a lot

this is backed by his being 8th in the league amongst centers in apg at 1.6apg (he'd get more, but usually whomever he passes to passes it again or doesn't shoot immediately)

he also plays high post lately and then passes to someone

Quote:

You can't play for ping pong balls. The odds are against winning the lottery even with the worst record.

They have a realistic shot at finishing ahead of NY, Tor, and Cha and personally I hope they do. They need to start developing a winning mentality.

I agree, I was more making a point over people quibbling whether the Hawks win 23 or 27 games. Doesn't matter much.

I think the Hawks will definitely get the number 1 pick. Why? Because if the NBA hadn't changed the rules Greg Oden would have been available, and with the kind of luck the Hawks have we're destined to finally get a number 1 pick just when there's no true impact player. On the bright side, that means we get Aldridge.

I find this amazing people think Josh Smith is just now a role player who brings energy but Now Marvin Williams is a sure starter who destin to become this amazing player. Get freaking real here this is like saying he wont improve his game and get better hes 20 years old not 25. I see much more talent then just energy shot blocker guy. He is a skilled player offensively but needs time to get it all going.

you people are crazy, but it's really funny how some of you guys think just becasue you say something or see something you know how things will turn out , I personally think it's way to early to judge any of the young guys especially JOSH SMITH who I think has the brightest future on this team, I also think he's better suited at playing the PF position than SF , I like WILLIAMS but he has'nt shown anything either but I feel better days are ahead for him also these guys are still young and very raw and there's no way I see the HAWKS giving up on WILLIAMS or SMITH and CHILDRESS once AL is gone they will get to show what they are made of J-CHILL and J-SMOOVE did it last year when AL was out,

?

JOHNSON

WILLIAMS

SMITH

ZA-ZA

Also CHILL has great ball handling ability for a GUARD his size.

but hey who knows but I like this team in a couple of years 4- 5 years we will be hopefully making some noise.