• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks vs Charlotte

exodus

Quote:

There is no difference from when they came here last month..except they are at home this time.

Since you probably havn't heard of Gerald Wallace let me give you the rundown:

14.5 ppg, leads the NBA in steals and is in the top 10 in blocks. He had 5 blocks against us last game.

Quote:

Just wanted to give him some props for that pump fake and dunk last game. Forgot to mention it for some reason. That move was nasty.

I watched the game last again (okay, I admittedly only watched while Marvin was in the game) and it really was a nice move. I noticed that Smoove also had a few moves that looked like things he's been working on. One was his crossover at the top of the key and the other was his dribble between the leg step-back jumper. Marvin's pivot-pump fake-drive move and both of Smoove's looked very rehearsed. Young fellas exploring their games??? Sounds good to me.

Diesel, if you're out there, I also looked to see if Marvin looked winded. He looked like he was working very hard, like it was more effort than necessary. I think you saw that and said he looked out of shape. I think I looked at that and say he's not yet a mature, elite level athlete. You wonder "how can that be". I would answer that his body has never been through this kind of a season, and that a LOT of young players and rookies have trouble with it, especially when their team's personel forces them to play out of position on D and guard a lumbering center.

He's in shape, relatively speaking to 99.5% of the world, but in order to be in NBA elite level shape, he needs to improve his strength and conditioning.

2 years ago he was playing a fourth of the games and playing against boys.

A year ago he was playing half the games and playing against college kids.

Now he's playing a full schedule and traveling constantly, and he's playing against full grown men every day. You are right, he needs improvement. But the middle of the season isn't a good time to focus 100% on conditioning.

Quote:

Quote:

There is no difference from when they came here last month..except they are at home this time.

Since you probably havn't heard of Gerald Wallace let me give you the rundown:

14.5 ppg, leads the NBA in steals and is in the top 10 in blocks. He had 5 blocks against us last game.

true, but the point still stands that we should have EASILY won that one and we lost. Yes we should easily win this one, but who knows. We could easily get creamed tonight if we don't focus