• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bargnani the next Fran Vasquez?

WraithSentinel

Bargnani Watches NBA Stock Climb

2nd February, 2006 - 12:40 pm

NBADraft.net - Nicknamed "The Magician", with a 6-11 frame at 20 years of age, Andrea Bargnani considers Treviso like a second home and doesn't think too much about his future (the NBA), but it is written all over him.

Bargnani's stock has skyrocketed and he has become one of the top NBA prospects.

"On the court I am always trying to give my best and I want to become a forward that uses his potential to the fullest. I know that I have a lot of people looking that way (towards the Draft), but I am still a player for Benetton Treviso, one of the most important teams in Europe.

"If I had the chance to play in the NBA and a team wanted me I would probably declare, but I don't have a franchise in particular that I would like to play for."

----

Reading between the lines here. This guy may pull a Fran on whomever take him unless that team is ready to compete. After Fran issue in last year draft. I am against taking international players, no matter how talented they are early in the draft. That means if we do lose out on Aldridge. I am in favor of trading down. Try to pick up an extra pick say from Toronto. See if Gibson or Rondo slip.

I don't see anything like that in those quotes. He is being diplomatic, stating that for now his current team is what matters. That's what you're supposed to do.

Either way you can be sure that GM's will be extra careful this year and get some sort of commitments before they draft guys