• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al trade that benefits both teams

Admin

Atlanta trades: Al and TLue

Dallas trades: Devin Harris and Marquis Daniels

Marquis and Devin cant even find playing time for Dallas because they are so deep at those positions. Al would give them a solid Dallas type of 3-4 to play with Dirk and could make an awesome inside outside combo. He would help them big time in the playoffs to take some pressure off of him. Lue gives them a guard to replace Harris, who is apparently never going to start ahead of JT.

For us, I love getting Harris. I dont see him ever being in the class of a Chris Paul, but I think he can be a really good PG. He is big and plays solid defense and with enough playing time might actually develop into something quality. Daniels gives us a 2-3 player who loves the uptempo game, has long arms and really knows how to play defense. I think he could be a very good player in our system.

What do you guys think?

he cant get back into the game because of the way that Stack has been playing for them. Harris also doesnt seem to get that many minutes and while we assume that he is their PG of the future, everything I have read seems to show that they want to sign JT longterm in the offseason so that would leave no room for Harris to start.

It helps Dallas to get Al because it would give them a 2nd top notch post scorer, but also a guy who can step out and hit the 3 when he is on. They have been dying for a guy to be able to score on the low block for years to team up with Dirk and this would finally enable that. Stack can play the 2 for them and provide the outside and mid range game.

Quote:

It helps Dallas to get Al because it would give them a 2nd top notch post scorer, but also a guy who can step out and hit the 3 when he is on. They have been dying for a guy to be able to score on the low block for years to team up with Dirk and this would finally enable that. Stack can play the 2 for them and provide the outside and mid range game.

This makes no sense for Dallas. They have plenty of scorers, they need defense and we know Al does not help them in that regard.

In addition, I am fairly certain that Dallas is very happy with their current starting small forward - Josh Howard. No way they give up that athleticism and backcourt depth for Al.

I said LOW BLOCK SCORING. Thats a fact. Dallas seriously lacks in this regard and they are shown the door in the playoffs because they cant score in the low post. Go read the Dallas boards and you can hear them talking about how they "have too much depth". I'm sure they would be plenty happy to give up a little depth to get significantly better in a certain regard. While we all like Josh Howard, he isnt even remotely close to Al in being able to score inside and out. He can only score off of his athleticism, whereas Al can create opportunities to score by being quicker than the 4s and stronger than the 3's that try and guard him.

If Dallas was really concerned about defense they would have traded for Artest. They arent though. They still want to be a team that outscores the opponent.

Considering that Marquis has played 4 minutes in his last 2 games combined I'm sure they arent in a complete not going to trade him stance, wouldnt you think? Seeing that Devin Harris is lucky to get 15-20 mpg and that they are planning to sign JT long term to be their PG they arent going to keep Devin on the bench for his whole career so they should move him when they have a chance.

Oh and for whoever else that was that mentioned it, they cant just sign Al in the offseason because they are WAY over the cap.

Thats all fine and dandy, except come playoff time they will once again be exposed because outside shooting teams dont win in the playoffs.

Talent wise I dont think its an even trade and they might not even be willing to do it, but unless they plan on Devin being a career backup PG and unless they actually plan to let Marquis play again someday, whats the point of keeping them when they could upgrade in an area that is so desperately needed in the playoffs.

likely wouldn't, with Chicago talking to Clev. about Gooden, the likely places to sign-and-trade Harrington are possibly diminishing.

And no, Harris is nothing like Paul, but it would be nice to have a legitimate upgrade at Pg AND have our Marvin Williams too.

Can't see it happening from Dallas' perspective, but I would throw in Tony Delk or maybe even Salim to make this happen.

W

Quote:

Thats all fine and dandy, except come playoff time they will once again be exposed because outside shooting teams dont win in the playoffs

I am not sold on them as a title contender either. However they currently stand as the second best offensive team in the league but are 12th on defense, after adjusting for pace of play.

If they are looking to make any deals at all, which i doubt, they will be looking to bolster their defense.

Also keep in mind that the rules changes regardiing zones and hand checking may end up changing what works in the playoffs and what doesn't. Teams who have players that can beat their men off the dribble may wind up being at an advantage, as opposed to the teams with post scorers.