• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ZZ Pachulia for Most Improved Player

CrawDaddy

sam cassel? What are you talking about? He's had seasons where he averaged more points, rebounds and assists all in the same season. Just cause he had a bad year last year doesn't put him in the running for MIP this year.

Wallace doesn't belong on that list either. Yeah he has a little better stats, but not that much, and he's on the team with the worst record in the leaegue. DEFINITELY not #2.

• Premium Member

I still like Bosh. I don't have the numbers before me...

But Bosh has been getting the same minutes and I know he has improved PPG, FG%, BPG, RPG, etc.

I suspect that now that Rose is gone, Bosh will be expected to carry even more weight.

West has improved, So has Claxton (I believe), but I think there's is just because they are getting more minutes.. Still (like Diaw) they have improved their play.

• Premium Member

First Cassell.

I was under the impression that it was a year by year case. Remember the year that Alan Henderson won it. He was coming back from an injury year into a contract year. I think that if you look back over his record, he had years that were better than that injury year.. But his leap in the contract year was just better than before.

Maybe they should have 2 awards.. MIP and Comeback player of the year.

About Gerald Wallace, I have to disagree.

Not only did he improve offensively, he improved defensively as well. This is a guy that the Kings basically cut. His whole game has shown improvement and I don't think it's minutes dependent. Moreover, he's playing PF.

Quote:

Diesel's Most improved rankings...

1. Chris Bosh

2. Gerald Wallace

3. Boris Diaw.

4. Sam Cassell

5. Mehmet Okur

6. Chris Kaman

7. Zaza Pachulia

8. Kevin Martin

9. Eddie House

10. Josh Howard

11. Raja Bell

I'm just glad you have ZZ on the list. That's my only reason for posting this--around the league we hear about everyone else improving, but no talk of ZZ. I'm just asking that the guy receive some consideration, not actually win the award.

Quote:

1. Chris Bosh

2. Gerald Wallace

3. Boris Diaw.

4. Sam Cassell

5. Mehmet Okur

6. Chris Kaman

7. Zaza Pachulia

8. Kevin Martin

9. Eddie House

10. Josh Howard

11. Raja Bell

I wanna say something about BATMAN 'cause he is from my country: He wasn't playing at all 3 weeks ago and now he is playing about 9 minutes a game, with results for the team wich is the most important thing.

I think that is a big improovment.

• Premium Member

I think if Zaza got better with his FG%, he could get a win.

If you think about it.

He leads the league in offensive rebounds.

He leads all big men in steals.

If his FG% can get up to 48% and he keeps these other accolades, I think he wins MIP.

I'm not so innocent. Batman won't be running for the ROY.

At the first time i didn't get that we were talking about MIP.

I was just talking about the improvment that Batman had in this season.

Nevertheless going from nothing ('cause he couldn't speak english two weeks ago) to playing almost a quarter, in terms of Woody means an improvment on his english and in his play style.

Quote:

1. Chris Bosh

2. Gerald Wallace

3. Boris Diaw.

4. Sam Cassell

5. Mehmet Okur

6. Chris Kaman

7. Zaza Pachulia

8. Kevin Martin

9. Eddie House

10. Josh Howard

11. Raja Bell

I think that Boris will end up getting this. He's been getting some major face time on TV and in articles as compared to others. Bosh is just as good as last year except for more scoring, so I think you may have place him just a bit too high on the list.

I'm sure reporters and analysts will be making a case for Brand which is sort of crap because he wouldn't looked pretty much the same as last year if Cassell didn't come on board. D, you mention Cassell as well but everyone knew he was capable of putting up numbers like he is; he did it in MIN.

I know you're going to mention something about how Diaw wouldn't be as good without Nash, but I don't know. I think that the Suns were set up in a way that Diaw would have succeeded regardless. Maybe not as much so, but still.

As for Okur, he's on a steady stream upward. The same could be said about Wallace, but he's getting some good face time as well. I guess I'm looking for more of a one year "burst onto the scene" kind of player.

Withh all this being said here are my top five (I can't decide any further down, I just know these guys lead the pack)...

1. Diaw

2. Pachulia

- - - - - -

3. Bosh

- - - - - -

4. Wallace

5. Okur