• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is this trade worth considering

capstone21

• Admin

He is a bigger point guard Marko Jaric.

Trade Al for Jaric and Griffen.

Jaric will give us some size in the backcourt and Griffen will give us nice and solid backup minutes at both the PF and Center. He is sporadic but there are times when Eddie really showed flashes of being something great (although he won't be he will be a solid backup). He and Smith would block every shot that comes through.

Jaric/Ivey/Lue(il)

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Childress

Smith/Griffen/Batista

Zaza/Griffen/Edwards

he is a larger guard who won't be posted up. Pretty tall and strong for a PG as he's 6'7". The small very quick PG's can dribble past him. He has a good handle. He likes to score, but is a very good passer, although he is not a pure distributor. He will get you 10/5/3 without hogging the ball too much. I really wanted to get this guy last offseason but he did get overpaid

• Admin

Its addition by subtraction. Griffen helps us in that he is a big body who can rebound and really block shots. He can play PF and C but will not need Harrington minutes. Thus our other forwards will get the needed PT and we still have a solid player to back them up as well as a solid backup for Zaza.

Jaric I think is a good point guard. He is a little overpaid but who isn't nowadays. I think he could be real nice addition to the team and would take the pressure off of JJ and allow him to be more scorer then distrubter. He has a good 3point shot and he gets his share of steals. I think it would be a good deal for us.

I still would rather a Andre Miller type pg for us.

As far as Jarrett Jack, I think he would be a great addition too. I don't know what plans Portland has since they have 3 pgs that can play. I'm not sure what we would have to give to get him. They would probably want Salim for him but then again they have a simular player in Dixon (undersized scoring 2guard).

Livingston, I would love for us to have but there is no way the Clippers are going to give him up. He is their future. Sam I am is their right now. He would be a perfect fit here but it just won't be happening.

• Premium Member

Quote:

No. Neither player are difference makers and no sense clogging up cap space with guys who really are bench players.

You are my hero.

I sure wish I could find that article Jaywalker wrote that one time about "replacement-level" players.

jack and livingston aren't going anywhere. I'd take Jaric. Or Blake or just about anything for Harrington. He's not helping us win and he has no future here. I wish they'd hurrry and trade him cause the longer he stays, the more scared I am that the hawks are going to make another huge mistake and resign him.

If Jaric was any good he would not be losing playing time to Marcus Banks - who couldn't beat out Delonte West or Orien Greene. Jaric is a poor man's JJ, without the steady jumper. He does not fit a need. Griffin is a head case bench player, who is duplicative of Josh Smith.

If the Hawks are going to trade Al why not trade him for something the team really needs like a starting caliber point guard, starting caliber center, or young developmental prospect to fill either of the two aforementioned positions.