• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Shelden Williams vs Euro Bigs

WraithSentinel

I would pick Shelden just because he will come here and can help us immediately.I don't want us to end up like Orlando with Fran Vasquez unless you know for sure that guy will come here.

Andrea Bargnani is unbelivable talent thou i would love to have him here. His last game was good he had 19 pts 5 reb and 2 blocks of the bench.

Billy does extensive scouting overseas, so he will be very familiar with Andrea Bargnani.

I think Billy will seriously look at several International prospects. Andre Bargnani and Tiago Splitter will likely get the most looks, and there will be some others. Peja Samardziski is a player the Hawks brought in for a workout last season before pulled his name from the draft. He's a big, 7 footer.

There's also Rudy Fernandez and Marco Belinelli, two versatile guards, that may get a look.

Marcus Vinicius Souiza de Sobral is a Brazilian wing who is a very good athlete.

Quote:

Shelden...he'll help immediately in two of our areas of need - rebounding and shot blocking. I would hope we could trade down with someone and pick him in the #6-10 range though and also get another pick or player.

Yeah...except that he's 6'8".

Andrea Bargnani Interview

NDN: Will you declare for the 2006 NBA draft?

AB: I don't' know yet. I will probably decide at the end of the spring season. Maybe the end of March or April. On the court I am always trying to give my best and I want to become a forward that uses his potential to the fullest. I know that I have a lot of people looking that way (towards the Draft), but I am still a player for Benetton Treviso, one of the most important teams in Europe.

NDN: Do you aspire to play in the NBA?

AB: Yes, like every basketball player. If I had the chance to play in the NBA and a team wanted me I would probably declare, but I don't have a franchise in particular that I would like to play for.

Am I the only person here that is completely against adding any more soft jumpshooting big guys?..I have no interest in David Anderson or any other eurotype big men..We need a tough defensive pressence inside..We have Zaza who is about as tough as any euro gets, we need a compliment to his skills.

Quote:

It was an interview for Draft Express I guess about three weeks ago. It was under the headlines section which isn't archived.

He said he intends to fulfill his contract with his current team. Not sure how many years he has left.

can someone else confirm/deny this? This would be big news if true, basically taking him out of the draft.

I remember the bargnani thing where he said he wasn't thinking about the nba yet (which means nothing), but I never heard of splitter saying he was staying abroad

Quote:

This would be big news if true, basically taking him out of the draft

Not really. He has declared and pulled out of the draft the last two years.

If I am not mistaken they have changed the rules about declaring for international players. Used to be they could declare and pull out as many times as they wanted. I don't think they can do that any more, although I am not sure about the specific rule.

Quote:

Am I the only person here that is completely against adding any more soft jumpshooting big guys?..I have no interest in David Anderson or any other eurotype big men..We need a tough defensive pressence inside..We have Zaza who is about as tough as any euro gets, we need a compliment to his skills.

Agreed.

From what I read Bargnani is a tall small forward type so not sure he fits here anyway.

• Premium Member

I would go with Sheldon over anu of those players. Most of the euro bigs are 7-0 shooting guards or they can't play at all. Sheldon is a tough player in a good ACC conference. I like his game and I'm really getting tired of the projects...i.e. Childress who is certainly a bust at the position he was taken.