• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Artest proved why he's the best perimeter defender

Admin

in the game tonight as he totally took JJ out of his game. JJ was clearly frustrated as he couldnt get many open looks and when he would get one he was missing. It makes me sick to think we could have moved Al for Artest, but it also makes me happy in that 1 more problem from Artest and he could be gone from the league for good.

How about Kevin Martin tonight ... he was running the show and Bibby was an afterthought for the first 3 quarters. I was very impressed by him on both ends of the court.

I can't believe one 3rd year late first round pick forward kEVIN mARTIN outplays our #2 #6 #17 pick who all play same position and was said that they have al lot of talent which they do, but i just doN't understand that. Whose fault is that COACHING STAFF OR THE PLAYERS.(I SAY BOTH) mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifcrazy.gifconfused.gifblush.gif

• Premium Member

I agree.

The only times that we could put together a run of any type was when Artest was on the bench. He harrassed us all over the place. I see a lot of praise for Smoove. However, I must say that the only difference between tonight's game and Seattle's game is that Smoove hit those shots. I would still rather see JSmoove talk the ball to the basket.

In tonight's game, one other thing that was apparent is that we don't have a post scorer outside of Al. When we were down... Everybody was shooting from outside. That made it very easy for Sactown to continue pounding on us.

Artest was definitely the difference though. When he was on the floor, they were more physical than us.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Were the Hawks still playing zone defense Diesel?

Actually, yes, they did play quite a bit of the zone defense.

I'm trying to understand exactly how Woody runs the zone... But I think he plays it especially when Zaza is off the floor.

i'm not too worried about Josh Smith...sure he has to improve on some areas but he did improve in his strength and his shot in the offseason...so i'm sure in this offseason he will work on those other things as well such as taking it to the basket and maybe some post moves....

it also depends on where he's going to be playing..he's been playing sf so that's probably why he chose to work on his shot...if al is traded and josh KNOWS he'll be at the 4, he'd probably work more on his post moves.

• Moderators

Artest is the classic "damned if you do, damned if you don't" player right beside TO in the NFL.

He looks so good on the floor that he makes you regret passing on him if you could have acquired him.

Later he will do something so idiotic or disruptive that he will make Sacramento regret trading for him.

• Premium Member

So we could have built a nice core around him...maybe he and JJ could have formed a nice friendship. Maybe Ronnie could get us back to the playoffs...and then, say 2 years from now, he could demand a trade from out of nowhere for no reason! Sh!t yeah!

And it would be no problem for us to give him a month off here or there so he can promote his record label... Hopefully, he could deal with the media and how they beat us down and maybe, just maybe, he won't explode on a cameraman that gets a little too close.

...and of course he'd have NO problems with Woody and his timed substitutions...

The issue is not whether or not he's talented. We all know that he is. Ron Artest is simply not stable.

Quote:

Artest is the classic "damned if you do, damned if you don't" player right beside TO in the NFL.

He looks so good on the floor that he makes you regret passing on him if you could have acquired him.

Later he will do something so idiotic or disruptive that he will make Sacramento regret trading for him.

AHF...I agree, but then every now and then along comes a Rasheed Wallace and ??? It must be tempting for coaches/GMs to roll the dice and hope the light will come on for a trouble maker.

That's not to say Rasheed was ever a trouble maker on par with Artest grin.gif

DJ, that's fair I think. Artest is not a far cry from Sheed or Rodman. At their best they win championships, at their worst they can destroy a franchise. I don't think Sheed would ever stoop as low as Artest or Rodman, but realistically I have to wonder.

Artest might again be a hero after all. Sacramento loves their team, if he can get them winning consistently, they'll worship him.