• Raised $440 of $700 target

The draft doesn't have any NBA Bigs.

Diesel

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Charlie V. has had it all along. Going pro never increased his potential... Boone.. I have been watching him for some years now. i don't think he has it. I have to sit down and watch UConn play a team with a front court. For as bad as he was, Taft dominated Boone..

I would say this.

I would like to get Marcus Williams with our second.

• Moderators

Quote:

Where is he going to play PF ahead of Josh? Center ahead of Zaza? If I am picking a bench roll player I want Morrison instead of Aldridge. Especially if he isn't going to play center.

He could end up as a starter in either position. Our PF/C spots aren't exactly all-NBA tough men. There is a crying need for improvement and IMO Aldridge represents our best hope.

• Moderators

Quote:

Don't you need to dominate the Big 12 first.

The guy shoots over 60% from the floor, averages a little shy of 10 rpg, and a little shy of 2 spg and 2 bpg. He isn't exactly chopped liver. If he didn't play on a team with a couple of chucker ball hogs he would have much higher scoring numbers. For example, Gibson shoots 42% from the field but somehow still takes more shots than Aldridge.

I agree Aldridge hasn't played great over the last few games before looking better and getting 17/11 and 21/12 the last two. I think that this is a draft without a superstar, though, and Aldridge represents the best combination of need, ability and upside for the Hawks.

Quote:

Don't you need to dominate the Big 12 first.

Has he dissapointed you? You're nuts. Lamarcus has been putting up awesome numbers on a stacked team in what is his sophomore season, after a very abbreviated freshman season.

16 PPG and 9 RPG in 32 minutes/game shooting 60% from the field is nothing to scoff at, especially when PJ is taking almost 10 rebounds/game and Buckman's getting his 7...

I love the guy and think he will be a great NBA player.

Lamarcus will play Center in the NBA, just like Dwight and Amare, unless he gets drafted by a team that has someone as skilled with more size, which would only be a few teams.

In the Big 12...

He's 6th in scoring/game

2nd in rebounding/game

1st in FG %

3rd in Blocks/game

That's pretty damn close to domination.

Enjoy PJ Batista, I'll take Lamarcus any day of the week.

• Moderators

Aldridge has more rebounds and more than twice as many steals/blocks as Batista. He also shoots a higher % from the field. He also plays in a better conference with tougher competition. He is also several years younger and is taller.

I'll take Aldridge.

Quote:

Aldridge has more rebounds and more than twice as many steals/blocks as Batista. He also shoots a higher % from the field. He also plays in a better conference with tougher competition. He is also several years younger and is taller.

I'll take Aldridge.

1. I didn't say take Batista with our first round pick..I think he would be a good pick in the second round. I think he will be what Tractor Traylor should have been. I would rather draft a combination or Morrison/Batista (by the way who are now teammates) then Aldridge and say Diaz or someone like that.

2. I know Aldrige plays in a better overall conference..which is why I said look at non conference games.