• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The draft doesn't have any NBA Bigs.

Diesel

Quote:

then who do you take with the first? Aldridge is arguably the best player coming out, he fits a need (defensive big who can also score in the post and help block shots), and he is NBA ready. Who could possibly make more sense for us?

Believe it or not and it would drive commentators insane..but you take Morrison. Then you run the lineup of

JJ/Lue

Morrison/Salim

Williams/Childress

Smith/Batista/Batista

Nene/Zaza (only because Nene will cost more)

I don't buy the "true pg" nonsense...because it hasn't been a proven formula in the last 10 years. I say fire Woodson, bring in Stan Van Gundy and if Morrison and Williams turn into the players they are supposed to turn into..we dominate our division for the next 5-7 years...or as soon as Shaq retires..lol.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JJ is not a 1, and Morrisson is definitely not a 2. Can you imagine Morrisson trying to guard Kobe, Allen, or the other quick 2 guards in the league? He would get lit up. If you think Al's D on PF's is bad, wait until you see morrisson guarding 2's. Our D would be even worse than this year even if we did get Nene.

We can not draft another SF. Period. If we do, someone needs to get traded immediately. Either Marvin goes, or Chill goes and Marvin or the new guy comes off the bench

It just won't work.

Quote:

JJ/Lue

Morrison/Salim

Williams/Childress

Smith/Batista/Batista

Worst defensive lineup ever. But they would be hilarious to watch, especially if we pushed the ball up the floor. We'd score 140 a game, while giving up 150. Hell, it'd be better than watching the crap we've seen this year.

I don't like Batista in the 2nd. I don't think he's an NBA talent. His feet are glued to the floor more than Shelden William's feet are. Zaza part deux.

I have to disagree with you Las. I think that Morrison is a 2 in the NBA. I have seen him play about 6-7 times this year and I think he has enough quickness to guard avg 2's in the league...he is not quick enough to guard Kobe or wade..but who is? At the same time..he will kill people coming off screens for quick J's and he could also post up smaller 2's. I don't see him as a 3 because he is more perimeter oriented and he isn't much of a slashing type player.

But I wouldn't be mad if we got Aldridge..but if he is gone before we pick..which is possible. I don't want to replace him with a Euro big or one of these scrub pg coming out or the second best college big....I'd rather get Morrison.

Quote:

Quote:

JJ/Lue

Morrison/Salim

Williams/Childress

Smith/Batista/Batista

Worst defensive lineup ever. But they would be hilarious to watch, especially if we pushed the ball up the floor. We'd score 140 a game, while giving up 150. Hell, it'd be better than watching the crap we've seen this year.

I don't like Batista in the 2nd. I don't think he's an NBA talent. His feet are glued to the floor more than Shelden William's feet are. Zaza part deux.

Why would that be bad defensively? The only blatantly bad defensive player would be Morrison. Everyone else is either avg or pretty good. (Starting lineup I mean.)

All I want Batista to do is use that 6'9 270 lb frame is to crush punks like Chris Paul when he comes into the hole. He can get about 6-7 rebounds and score tough points in the paint. He is the only big in the draft with beef.

Quote:

Quote:

His feet are glued to the floor more than Shelden William's feet are.

You may want to try actually watching Shelden play. If you watch him play and still think he can't jump then you need to see an eye doctor quickly.

I'm a Tech fan--I've seen the dude play four million times. And I still say he can't jump.

I can't think of a single NBA 2 that he can guard. He can't guard his men in NCAA as is. Yeah he could score on NBA 2s just like he could score on NBA 3s. Dude can score. But he will have to guard 3s. He will be as lost guarding SG's as Josh Smith is.

As far as Aldridge being gone, that looks overwhelmingly likely as he will probably go #1, and we probably won't have the top pick. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't wish for it. I also wouldn't judge all the Euro bigs as if they're one and the same. I would rather have a big banger than a big shooter, but if bargnani really is as talented as Dirk or even Gasol, I'll take him over Morrison in a heartbeat. I haven't seen enough to judge. As for Splitter, he's brazilian and they're tough in general, and he has a reputation as a down low tough guy. Depending on his buyout and workouts, I could see us going for him.

I would be furious if we go for Morrison without having a trade lined up. Hell if he is the best by far when we pick, I would be ok with trading him or trading down, but we can't start the season with Morrison/Marvin/Chill as pure 3's, and JJ/Smith/(Harrington) as part time 3s. That's just insane.

If we draft Morrison, someone has to go, period. And we will be an even worse defensive team, period.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about this guy:

Due to his fluidity and size running the floor, some consider Splitter a possible top 10 pick. But his skills and feel for the game are just average. There's also a real concern that he won't be able to add much more weight and strength to his body, as he hasn't put on any muscle mass in the past year or two. At around 235-240, he will get pushed around by bigger and stronger players in the NBA. His offensive game is limited to intermediate jump shots and put backs. He lacks great touch, especially on drives where more often than not his shots find iron.

He has been a player that has received a lot of hype, even considered a potential first overall pick in the draft a couple years back, but his skills have not developed and his upside has diminished.

On the positive side, he has a good attitude, plays hard and is an athletic 6-11 post player.

Despite the lack of quality players in this year's draft, elevating his stock, look for Splitter to fall out of the lottery when all is said and done.

http://www.nbadraft.net/draftbuzz048.asp

What you all will see in the tournament is that Morrison is a stud in the mold of Larry Birds. As a black man I would have to admit that if he was black we wouldn't even be having this discussion. We would all be like Lemarcus who? Truth be told Aldrige will be a benificary of a draft with few legitimate big man..and at 6'10 235 he can barely qualify as a big man.

Now my boy is a big man...He 270lbs, and he can bench 225 30 times..he will probably break the combine record. I am tired of jump shooting crossover big men...I want a beast on this squad!

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/jpbatista.asp

Man you are so clueless. Even May and Bogut had 33" verticals. Shelden jumps much better than they do. You are going to look really dumb when the combine numbers come out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/leaders?cat=...mp;groupId=null

He is 3rd in the NCAA in blocks even though he is only 6'9", and he plays against the best competition.

I don't think it has anything to do with race. It has to do with the fact that he doesn't play D. I have 100% faith that he can be a stud scorer in the NBA. But he has to show me that he can play D and I haven't seen it. If we were desperate for offense and had no SF, I would be for drafting him. But we have more SF's than any team in history, and we have enough offense and tragically lack D.

A lot can change between now and draft day, and it depends who is available, but as of today I can't see us taking him without a major trade