• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Fire Billy Knight!!

Johnnybravo4

How many deals do we have to see done before we realize that BK doesn't have the gonads to pull the trigger.

Francis is gone

Darko and Arroyo is gone

Wilcox is Gone

Watson is probably soon to be gone..along with Nene

In the meantime there isn't even a rumor of a Hawks deal. At least when crazy Isaiah makes moves, he keeps his team on the front page of the papers..he is showing his fans that he is trying to make a difference. In my opinion BK is trying to tank the team in order to keep the pick high. I didn't buy season tickets to support a GM who thinks he is so damn clever that he refuses to make moves. I am tired of this sht and Knight needs to go!

since you seem to be so in love with Isiah and how he does things. Every year people like you come on here and complain about Knight and how he doesnt let anyone know what he is doing and every year he makes a trade when he feels the time is right. Same thing will happen this year and if it hurts your feelings that he doesnt tell the world what he is planning then you shouldnt pretend to be a Hawks fan.

Doing what sitting on his hands? We are saving cap space for whom? We aren't getting Lebron...Carmelo....Ben Wallace or Yao Ming. All of the good players will soon be gone and we are going to end up trading Al for Antonio Davis and a second round pic..then what. We need to create a buzz and some excitement for next year. There is no one in the upcoming draft that would cause the buzz that Francis would. We need to get out of the cellar in attendance. We need to win some games. This franchise doesn't have 5 years to rebuild..it will end up in Las Vegas.

this city has enough attendance to stay here even when we are bad because there are enough transplants from the other nba cities that will pay to see their hometeams play when they come

once we are better in 1-2 years, we will see the attendance increase sharply...francis will not greatly increase our attendance...if we aren't in the playoffs, they won't care

look at braves and the vicks, i mean falcons...

this team isn't going anywhere. We are a decent market and we have one of the best arenas in the league, full of luxury boxes. Stern has stated many times we aren't going anywhere

Secondly, we're trying to build a winner, not create a buzz. If you want all dunks, get rafer alston, get steve francis, get stromile swift, and we'll have an and1 team that will make us wish we could win 13 games. On the other hand if we want to build a winner, we need to get the best possible return on Al, whether it happens now or next summer. Why do you act like it has to happen now? You're just impatient. This isn't playing GM on NBA Live. It's about waiting for the best possible deal, not the fastest one. We'll see who has the best team in a year or two, us or NY. It won't be them.

You want wins? You'll see wins next year. Probably in the 35-40 range. We completely blew a team up a little under 2 years ago. How many wins did you expect? It's not possible to rebuild completely into a winner in 2 years.

13 wins last year

25-30 wins this year

35-45 wins next year depending on how successful we are in the offseason

How much faster do you think it is possible to progress? All our young acquisitions have been made with the idea that they'll all mature at the same time and start being really successful in a year or two. There is no substitute for time

Quote:

How much faster do you think it is possible to progress?

Alot of it depends on decision making: (from NBA.com/hornets)

Checking in with Chris Paul

In the latest installment of Checking in with Chris Paul, Hornets.com's Jim Eichenhofer discusses Paul's busy past couple weeks, including his TNT interview with Charles Barkley and a recent appearance in Sports Illustrated.

well I certainly don't think BK hasn't made mistakes, but I think we're doing a decent job. If you told me we were literally cleaning the whole house without any other info, our current pace is about what I would expect in the 2nd season.

Had everything gone perfectly and we currently had Iguodala and Paul, we'd certainly have more wins, but I don't know how many. There's a reason that not 1, not 2, but 3 teams (4 really) passed on Paul. Very few teams draft perfectly. We still don't have a david west doing the damage inside like NO and would still get abused by big teams. Hindsight is always 20/20, I think we're doing a decent job.

Either way, even with questionable drafting, that doesn't justify freaking out and doing whatever we can to do any trade ASAP just to get in the papers. You deal with what you have and try to see what the best move is for the long run.

Quote:

this team isn't going anywhere. We are a decent market and we have one of the best arenas in the league, full of luxury boxes. Stern has stated many times we aren't going anywhere

Secondly, we're trying to build a winner, not create a buzz. If you want all dunks, get rafer alston, get steve francis, get stromile swift, and we'll have an and1 team that will make us wish we could win 13 games. On the other hand if we want to build a winner, we need to get the best possible return on Al, whether it happens now or next summer. Why do you act like it has to happen now? You're just impatient. This isn't playing GM on NBA Live. It's about waiting for the best possible deal, not the fastest one. We'll see who has the best team in a year or two, us or NY. It won't be them.

You want wins? You'll see wins next year. Probably in the 35-40 range. We completely blew a team up a little under 2 years ago. How many wins did you expect? It's not possible to rebuild completely into a winner in 2 years.

13 wins last year

25-30 wins this year

35-45 wins next year depending on how successful we are in the offseason

How much faster do you think it is possible to progress? All our young acquisitions have been made with the idea that they'll all mature at the same time and start being really successful in a year or two. There is no substitute for time

I am saying that they are not mutually exclusive. I rather have Francis as a player and as a draw than Earl Watson and an injured Nene.

THERE ARE NO WORTHY FREE AGENTS AVAILABLE. Who are we going to sign and trade for in the off season that we can't acquire by trade now? We aren't getting Tmac, Garnett or Ray Allen. The draft is Garbage and we don't need anymore 19 year olds. Everyone on this board is stuck in a constant rebuiilding mentality. The clipps finally got tired of that sh%t and now look where they are....THE CLIPPERS! We are getting lapped in record by a team who's city no longer exists! I am tired of this sh#t. I am tired of having to defend this team on every Fu*kin message board on the gotdang internet. I am tired of having to defend this city on every effin message board...I am tired tired tired

We don't have questionable drafting though.

There was very little difference in the ranking between Josh Childress, Luol Deng, and Andre Iguodala. In fact, most people on this board were completely against drafting Luol Deng with that draft pick.

I liked Iguodala's ball handling ability, defense, and athleticism. I thought he would be a good fit on our team, as did Billy Knight, because there were some reports that he tried to trade up to get Iguodala after getting Childress.

The problem with Iguodala is that he is a shooting guard that can't shoot. Childress doesn't have the athleticism that Iguodala, but he is a better shooter than Iguodala despite his form.

Personaly, you could go to some of the predraft discussions on that draft, and you would see that a guy I particularily liked was Kirk Snyder. His play this season is a big reason the Hornets have played better.

Why Billy continues to be criticized by Hawks fans for taking Marvin Williams when every other GM in the NBA would have done the same thing, I don't know? Put the Hornets in the same situation, and they would have drafted Marvin over Chris Paul.

not a single person here wanted Childress over Iggy or Deng. Not a single mock draft had Childress going before Iggy or Deng. 1.5 years in, it seems obvious that Childress is the worst of the 3. I like the guy, but Iguodala is a better player. You say Iggy can't shoot but he's a career .501 FG% guy (Chill .495). He might not quite be a pure shooter, but he has moves and can create for himself off the dribble which Chill (and Smith) are incapable of. Somehow I don't care about a guy's jumper as much if he can fake his man out, take it in and dunk it. There's a reason he's earned 38 MPG on a better team than ours.

Again, I like Chill, but that was clearly the wrong pick no matter what you say

Childress was a first team all American and Iggy wasn't even the best player on his team...so I don't fault them for that pick. As far as Deng goes..he was a Duke player so I don't blame them for not picking him. The Jayson Williams/Wojo/Bobby Hurley/Boozer curse will follow Duke players forever. I bet JJ Reddick gets falls out of the top 8.

From ESPN's Scouting Report on Childress:

Quote:

Summary:

Josh Childress

Notes: Missed the first two months of the season with a stress fracture in his left foot. Despite his frail build, missed the Pac-10 rebound title by one-tenth of a point. First team all-american this year. He's an early entry candidate. Has hired an agent, ending his college eligibility.

Upside: He's an outstanding pro prospects because of his long arms, athleticism, and guard-like skills at his size. He reminds some scouts of former NBA great George "The Ice Man" Gervin. He's a pretty complete package. He can shoot both the mid-range J and the 3-pointer. He has excellent ball-handling skills and can play the point-forward position. He's an excellent rebounder and good shot blocker for his position. He's an amazing defender because of his combination of lateral quickness and huge wingspan. When he's guarding players on the perimeter, it's like having a 7-footer on them. He has shut down several of the best players in the nation. He possess very good athleticism and is a heady type of player.

Downside: He's very thin and looks a little fragile at times, both physically and emotionally. He's a bit of a finesse player. Can get down on himself and lose his confidence. He could be more aggressive. At times he'll take over a game, at other times he'll fade into the background a bit. However, recently that's started to change, and Childress has begun dominating games.

Insider Projection:
He's one of the hottest names in the draft right now and could up being a top 3 or 4 pick in the draft.
There are very few people in college basketball or the NBA with his full complement of skills. Strength and aggressiveness are the only things holding him back at this point. Has worked out very well in Chicago and Charlotte but won't slip past Philly at No. 9.