• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Fire Billy Knight!!

Johnnybravo4

Also, you will have a very hard time convincing me that Iguodala is clearly the better player:

Andre Iguodala:

14.34 PER

12.5 P/40

6.2 R/40

2.8 A/40

.553 eFG%

.431 eFG% on jump shots

Josh Childress:

15.82 PER

12.6 P/40

7.2 R/40

2.4 A/40

.570 eFG%

.468 eFG% on jump shots

Quote:

The problem with Iguodala is that he is a shooting guard that can't shoot. Childress doesn't have the athleticism that Iguodala, but he is a better shooter than Iguodala despite his form.

Personaly, you could go to some of the predraft discussions on that draft, and you would see that a guy I particularily liked was Kirk Snyder. His play this season is a big reason the Hornets have played better.

Wow.

Igoudala has essentially the same shooting percentages as Childress. Iggy is definitely the better all around player though.

Snyder is lucky to still be in the league, and I seriously question whether his play has anything to do with NO's success. The reason for their success is largely because of Paul and West. NO just has better building blocks in Paul and West then the Hawks have in JJ and Al.

ummm, ok, if we go by per 40, bracey wright is the 3rd best scorer in the league at 37 points per 48

per minute stats are for losers who can't earn PT

How about we look at the actual stats that are that Iggy is a

12/6/3/1.5 player on a playoff team, while chill is a 9/5/2/1.2 player on one of the worst teams

you think chill would be getting shots if he played next to AI?

Yeah.

That's why they have been winning without Paul in the line up. Speedy Claxton has stepped in and pretty much given them the same production. How can that be?

It probably has something to do with both David West and Kirk Snyder coming into their own. Kirk Snyder is averaging over 15 points per 40 this year and has a 15+ PER.

I posted the numbers that prove Iguodala isn't the better all around player, and you still try to say he is. It's obvious he isn't. If anything, the differences are negligible and prove that Billy can't be criticized for taking Josh Childress over Andre Iguodala.

Oh yeah.

Let's compare apples to oranges instead of bringing the stats to a medium where they can be compared as apples to apples.

Let's skew the results to make it look like the player that gets 38 minutes per game is actually better than the guy who is getting 25 minutes per game, or however much Josh is getting. Lets also twist this into saying that if Josh were better, he'd be getting those minutes. Over who? Yeah. We are going to cut down on Joe Johnson's minutes to get Josh into the game more.

Quote:

Yeah.

That's why they have been winning without Paul in the line up. Speedy Claxton has stepped in and pretty much given them the same production. How can that be?

It probably has something to do with both David West and Kirk Snyder coming into their own. Kirk Snyder is averaging over 15 points per 40 this year and has a 15+ PER.

I posted the numbers that prove Iguodala isn't the better all around player, and you still try to say he is. It's obvious he isn't. If anything, the differences are negligible and prove that Billy can't be criticized for taking Josh Childress over Andre Iguodala.

Wow a 15+ PER and 15 points per 40 minutes! Paul is 16th in the NBA with a 22+ per.

And Igoudala is a better ballhandler, defender and athlete then Childress and they are equal in rebounding and shooting.

Quote:

you think chill would be getting shots if he played next to AI?

he's not getting shots now

and about your statement earlier that chill can't create for himself; he takes the ball from the perimeter and drives in past several guys for the dunk/layup many times...he's a slasher who can create for himself

his main problem is aggressiveness and passing up shots

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah.

Wow a 15+ PER and 15 points per 40 minutes! Paul is 16th in the NBA with a 22+ per.

And Igoudala is a better ballhandler, defender and athlete then Childress and they are equal in rebounding and shooting.

I don't know if he is a better ball handler. I actually like the sets where Childress plays point forward and brings the ball up.

Quote:

and about your statement earlier that chill can't create for himself; he takes the ball from the perimeter and drives in past several guys for the dunk/layup many times...he's a slasher who can create for himself

He does not. If I had to count the times where he had the ball on the perimeter with a man guarding him, and he created a layup/dunk for himself, I would bet that it's happenned like 10-15 times this whole year, although those plays were beautiful.

9 times out of 10, he catches the ball does a fake left and then goes right (or the opposite), and after a step or two he passes it, or SOMETIMES shoots a midranger. Mostly it's just from his man being off balance when he catches the ball. It's not him standing there with the ball and a man on him, and him creating some space with a nice dribble move.

He is an excellent slasher without the ball, and when hit with a pass he can finish nicely. He also has a decent shot when he's open. But he doesn't know how to create off the dribble

Quote:

From ESPN's Scouting Report on Childress:

Quote:

Summary:

Josh Childress

Notes: Missed the first two months of the season with a stress fracture in his left foot. Despite his frail build, missed the Pac-10 rebound title by one-tenth of a point. First team all-american this year. He's an early entry candidate. Has hired an agent, ending his college eligibility.

Upside: He's an outstanding pro prospects because of his long arms, athleticism, and guard-like skills at his size. He reminds some scouts of former NBA great George "The Ice Man" Gervin. He's a pretty complete package. He can shoot both the mid-range J and the 3-pointer. He has excellent ball-handling skills and can play the point-forward position. He's an excellent rebounder and good shot blocker for his position. He's an amazing defender because of his combination of lateral quickness and huge wingspan. When he's guarding players on the perimeter, it's like having a 7-footer on them. He has shut down several of the best players in the nation. He possess very good athleticism and is a heady type of player.

Downside: He's very thin and looks a little fragile at times, both physically and emotionally. He's a bit of a finesse player. Can get down on himself and lose his confidence. He could be more aggressive. At times he'll take over a game, at other times he'll fade into the background a bit. However, recently that's started to change, and Childress has begun dominating games.

Insider Projection:
He's one of the hottest names in the draft right now and could up being a top 3 or 4 pick in the draft.
There are very few people in college basketball or the NBA with his full complement of skills. Strength and aggressiveness are the only things holding him back at this point. Has worked out very well in Chicago and Charlotte but won't slip past Philly at No. 9.

What amazes me on this scouting report is that there is no mention at all of the very low release point of JC's outside shot? Don't these "experts" watch the games? The first time I saw him shoot I thought "what?"...I don't care how long his wingspan is he ain't gettin that off under tough man-to-man defense.

I looked up more mocks from right before the draft (no pre-screening)

http://probasketball.about.com/cs/atlantic...mockdraft04.htm

iggy at 6

chill at 10

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft/2004mock.htm

iggy at 5

chill at 10

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/bask...ft.1/index.html

iggy at 3

chill at 4 (what?)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2004/ne...tory?id=1826621

iggy at 3

chill at 10