Nicholasp27

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, he isn't.

Deng is rated behind Childress in terms of Hollinger's PER rating.

In fact, of the second year players who were drafted in 2004, Josh Childress currently has the 4th highest PER rating in the entire class:

1. Dwight Howard - 19.17 PER

2. Devin Harris - 17.84 PER

3. Al Jefferson - 17.73 PER

4. JOSH CHILDRESS - 15.82 PER

5. Luol Deng - 15.68 PER

6. Kevin Martin - 15.46 PER

7. Delonte West - 15.39 PER

8. Damien Wilkins - 14.37 PER

9. Andre Iguodala - 14.34 PER

10. Ben Gordon - 13.92 PER

Luol Deng scores more than either Josh Childress or Andre Iguodala, but he doesn't bring the defensive impact that they bring.

I personaly don't put everything into Hollinger's stuff, but his methods show that it isn't cut and dry that one is so outstandingly better than the other that it was a mistake to take one over the other.

Quote:

Luol Deng scores more than either Josh Childress or Andre Iguodala, but he doesn't bring the defensive impact that they bring.

LOL Childress is the worst defender of the 3 by far. He can't keep up with anyone.The Hawks give up 5 more ppg when Childress is on the floor.

Chicago and Philly both give up 5 fewer ppg when Deng and Childress are on the floor.

If you are a Hawks fan you should of put Chill no matter who else is an option.

That's a dumb ass question anyways. Everybody should of choose Chill since he is our guy. Go to Philly board and make fun of Chill who cares just dont do it here.

Chill can only help us win games not Iguodala or Deng or whoever you wanted to be here just forget about him, we have Chill now and that's who we are going to support not freaking Igoudala.

True fan not fake!!!

And whoever put Iggy he is not a true fan!

When they say fans in Atlanta suck that's why they mean it!

that's ridiculous. We're not allowed to criticize our player's flaws now? I like Chill a lot and I think he can be a good role player for us in the future. That doesn't change the fact that I think that Iggy is a better player. Do you think that Chill is a better player than Lebron? I don't. It would be cool if he was, but I'm not going to pretend just because Chill is on our team.

You can like a player, root for him to succeed, enjoy his play on the court, and yet admit that other players are better.

I'm not interested in a fantasy world where all our players are the best in the world and we pretend to be championship contenders when we're not. I'd rather try to be realistic and try to see our strengths and weaknesses to try to adress them

Quote:

It is same thing with Paul and MArvin all over again.

no it's not. I'm not rooting for Chill to fail. I'm not calling BK an idiot for taking Chill. I'm not trying to convince people that we would be sooo much better off with Iggy.

It just came up in a conversation and I was curious who people thought the better player is, because I thought that picking Chill was one of BK's few mistakes. I certainly don't think it's that big of a deal either way.

IMO, the only responsibility you have as a fan is to root for your team to succeed and I certainly do that.

I dont think there is much of hawks fans on this board. If they go to see Igoudola play against their hawks and root for him that's not a real fan.

This past summer i was about to by season tickets, and this man that was talking to me said:

"We got a 5 pack so you can pick too see Lebron, Dirk, Shaq, or any of these players."

I told him:

I am not bying these tickets to see Lebron Shaq and i dont care who else, but to see Hawks and help them get a win. He got really quiet and i hang ed up phone[. Those people make you cheer for other teams and their stars.

Quote:

you really believe you could beat him in a shootout?

Yes and it wouldn't be close.I have won probably 70% of the 21 games I have played lifetime, and I have played a lot.

A couple of years ago I was working with a guy I used to play ball with a lot (dude was nasty) and we would come in bragging about what we had done. Our boss, who was 51, said he could beat me in a 3 pt shooting contest and I busted out laughing. He wasn't amused so he challenged me. Bad move.

I had never really practiced shooting 3 pointers over and over so I didn't know what I would do. I made 29 of 30 from the college 3. I have tried it several times since then and never made less than 26.

Quote:

I dont think there is much of hawks fans on this board. If they go to see Igoudola play against their hawks and root for him that's not a real fan.

Name one poster in this thread or the other one that is rooting for iguodala.

just name one

cause I'll I've seen is people comparing their skills, and I would assume that everyone here roots for Chill. Is that really so hard to understand? Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you have to be a total homer. You can be a realistic fan

I'm at every single home game rooting for the hawks and booing people who cheer for the opposition so don't give me that weak sh!t