• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

thread closed due to it getting stupid, fast

Nicholasp27

Quote:

Yes and it wouldn't be close.I have won probably 70% of the 21 games I have played lifetime, and I have played a lot.

yeah right. I can shoot the rock too, but NBA players can shoot. They look bad playing under the spotlight with world-class defenders on them, but they can shoot. I bet Chill would light you up, especially from the NBA 3.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

you really believe you could beat him in a shootout?

Yes and it wouldn't be close.I have won probably 70% of the 21 games I have played lifetime, and I have played a lot.

playing 21 with the local rec guys is VERY different from playing with an NBA player and is VERY different from a shootout

chill takes the ball from the perimeter and slashes inside next to 3 NBA opponents and finishes w/dunk or layup...he can take you off the dribble all day long

and he'd crush you on the boards...if he can get boards over 3 NBA opps like he does so much, then he can get them over you

you been drinking diesel's kool-aid?

Quote:

Quote:

A couple of years ago I was working with a guy I used to play ball with a lot (dude was nasty) and we would come in bragging about what we had done. Our boss, who was 51, said he could beat me in a 3 pt shooting contest and I busted out laughing. He wasn't amused so he challenged me. Bad move.

I had never really practiced shooting 3 pointers over and over so I didn't know what I would do. I made 29 of 30 from the college 3. I have tried it several times since then and never made less than 26.

You should go pro!! wink.gif

Quote:

You're meaning of a shootout must be different from mine. I am talking about just shooting i am not talking about playing one on one. I am 6'2" and don't jump well so obviously I couldn't compete with him in a game.

However in a shooting competition I would lay money that I could beat him from any range, including the NBA 3. I have been to games and seen him practicing. he isn't a shooter.

How could he dust me if I am hitting 9 out of 10?

I can swear to you if Chill was playing 38.1 min per game he would be averaging at least 15ppg and 7.5rpg unlike Igoudola 11 and 5.9 reb. I know he has AI and C-Web but still those are not great numbers for a player with 38mpg.

Andre Igoudola Josh Childress

PPG 11.9 PPG 8.9

RPG 5.9 RPG 5.1

APG 2.7 Asp 1.7

SPG 1.48 Spg 1.22

BPG .26 Bpg .51

FG% .511 FG% .546

FT% .738 FT% .744

3P% .393 3P% .452

Mpg 38.1 Mpg 28.3

Those are some equal numbers even tho Iggy is getting 10 more min per game.

My big problem with Childress is his defense. he is too slow and weak to be a good defender. He isn't like Al though. He tries and does a good job of jumping the passing lanes. He just isn't physically capable of being a good defender.

Offensively he can't create his own shot at all but that doesn't bother me much. At least he isn't the type to force up bad shots.

Quote:

Quote:

A couple of years ago I was working with a guy I used to play ball with a lot (dude was nasty) and we would come in bragging about what we had done. Our boss, who was 51, said he could beat me in a 3 pt shooting contest and I busted out laughing. He wasn't amused so he challenged me. Bad move.

I had never really practiced shooting 3 pointers over and over so I didn't know what I would do. I made 29 of 30 from the college 3. I have tried it several times since then and never made less than 26.

I have only lost 2 21 games in my lifetime..out of about 25 years of playing 21. That is because I am an expert in getting garbage points and hitting all 3 freethrows.

Quote:

My big problem with Childress is his defense. he is too slow and weak to be a good defender. He isn't like Al though. He tries and does a good job of jumping the passing lanes. He just isn't physically capable of being a good defender.

Offensively he can't create his own shot at all but that doesn't bother me much. At least he isn't the type to force up bad shots.

That's what i was saying, he tries and helps and has good hands strips the ball and can block shots. If he gets stronger and adds muscle he will be one of the best defenders in this league. Prince is good defender and has similar built like Chill but he is a bit stronger.

Quote:

I have only lost 2 21 games in my lifetime

Then you haven't been playing against good competition.

Also when you play do you take your free shots from the ft line or from 3? i can't even remember the last time I played 21 where I shot my free attempts from the line.

I play at Run N' Shoot, La Fitness and other spots. And of course I take them from the 3 point line but they are free throws because they are free geniuses.

I win because I play like the old men who taught me. I don't take 3 point distant shots. I don't dribble around trying to blow by people. I am 6'1 260 with 8% bodyfat which means thay I am bigger (and often taller) than half of the people I play against. I back people down like Mark Jackson used to and throw a simple hook shot or fade. If we aren't playing take em back...I put up my put backs and get easy points when people miss. In other words I play to win and not to impress.

Quote:

Quote:

You're meaning of a shootout must be different from mine. I am talking about just shooting i am not talking about playing one on one. I am 6'2" and don't jump well so obviously I couldn't compete with him in a game.

However in a shooting competition I would lay money that I could beat him from any range, including the NBA 3. I have been to games and seen him practicing. he isn't a shooter.

How could he dust me if I am hitting 9 out of 10?

no, my meaning of a shootout is just shooting shots...you are the one who brought up 21 games so i responded to that

i doubt you can hit 9/10 3pters consistently...if u could you coulda played for a living...a team woulda found a way to get you open often enough to make you effective

Quote:

i doubt you can hit 9/10 3pters consistently...if u could you coulda played for a living...a team woulda found a way to get you open often enough to make you effective

Making 9 of 10 from 3 isn't hard in practice, especially if you have someone throwing the ball back to you. You get into a groove very easily. I would shoot one and think "long" and it would hit the back of the rim and go in. Your touch becomes very honed when you shoot one right after the other.

When I was in college at Md I used to play pickup games with the best players on campus and sometimes guys from the team would join us. Whenever they had walk on tryouts everyone would go except me. They would say that I should go because I was better than so and so on the team (the team sucked then) but i would say maybe, but the guys on the other teams would abuse me. I knew I wasn't an ACC player. Maybe division II if i really pursued it.

I was on the golf team then and just played bball for fun.

I don't like the NBA 3 pt shooting contest because I don't think it is representative of how good they are. Having to pick the ball off the rack throws guys off. If they had someone throwing the ball to them instead they would shoot lights out.

On this entire thread and all the Larry Birdlike shooters posting their basketball prowess..I also find it hard to believe that some here can't simply admit...

*Deng and Iggy are both better NBA players than Chillz..

*Paul is better than Marvin..

Why do some take it as a personal insult that BK has picked the wrong players in the past 2 drafts?..Noone ever had a problem pointing out Babcocks drafting flaws and he actually had many winning seasons as a GM, unlike the great BK.

Quote:

On this entire thread and all the Larry Birdlike shooters posting their basketball prowess

Like I said we should set a date to get together on the court. Then we will know who can play and who is just talking.

And if you think I am lying be sure to bring your wallet.

In any good men's league there will be a bunch of guys who can make al most all their 3s in practice. it isn't a big deal.