• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chicken or the Egg?

thesheedera

Has Chris Paul's addition to the Hornets caused or merely coincided with the improvement of the Hornets?

Look at Speedy Claxton's numbers in the 3 games Paul's been injured:

41 Min., 5/12 FG, 8-10 FT, 3 reb., 11 Ast., 18 Pts.

42 Min., 11/22FG, 5-5 FT, 3 reb., 7 Ast., 28 Pts.

37 Min., 8/13 FG, 0-0 FT, 3 Reb., 10 Ast., 16 Pts.

Averages of 51% FG, 87% FT, 3 RPG, 9.33 APG, 20.67 PPG

Awesome production over a very brief set of data.

I'm not trying to diminish Paul's play this season, its been nothing short of excellent and I hate to admit that he's got a definite leg up on Raymond Felton, for now. But could Raymond or Deron have had similar seasons in the same situation? Its certainly possible.

With the way Speedy's been playing with Paul out, it appears to me that this Hornets team was ready for improvement, Chris Paul or no Chris Paul.

And no matter how you slice it, the Hawks better have their eye on little Speedy.

Sometimes we give credit to one player when we should be

talking about the entire team.

Looks like this has happened here. Team greatly improved,

yet only one player gets all the hype. He's done a

great job, but so have the rest of the team.

Seems they have more than one egg in their basket when

they can continue to do well without their new star.

smirk.gif

• Admin

Paul is the biggest addition and the one that is most responsible for their improvement. Claxton is what he is, he's a backup PG. He's not a starter. Sure he can fill in and play that role for periods. But they would not be where they are right now if he had started the entire season. Yes, West has improved. But without Paul and the confidence he has brought to that team, they would not be where they are right now.

I would not go after claxton to be the starting PG for this team unless it's a reasonable contract.

good question. i'd say both. west,snyder has gotten better, dumped the people who didnt want to be there (lynch, magloire). paul gives the team confidence and is TJ ford with a consistent J. should be an all-star. only prob i have with them is that they dont play JR Smith. please trade him or let the kid play. I acknowledge their improvement, but i dont think they will make the playoffs. merely keeping the kings spot warm for now.

This is the guy that I feel will emerge, in time, as the best point guard to come from this draft.

Over his past six games, Raymond Felton is averaging 17.5 PPG, 6.7 APG, 5.5 RPG, 1.7 SPG, .500 FG%, .478 3P%, and .800 FT%. His play has really picked up.

IMO, Raymond Felton is easily the most athletic of the point guards that were drafted. I also think he has the best instincts for dishing the ball when in the open floor. He penetrates into the lane at will.

The only way I would have passed up an opportunity to get Marvin Williams was if I could have made a move to ensure getting Raymond Felton and Sean May.

Hmmm...I was thinking a trade-down was the way to go too (maybe even a double trade-down) I had a hair-brained scenario where we could turn the #2 pick into May, Jack, and Garcia (from Louisville).

I'm surprised Bickerstaff wasn't interested, but it makes me feel a little better that BK was interested in doing something like that.

Quote:

This is the guy that I feel will emerge, in time, as the best point guard to come from this draft.

Over his past six games, Raymond Felton is averaging 17.5 PPG, 6.7 APG, 5.5 RPG, 1.7 SPG, .500 FG%, .478 3P%, and .800 FT%. His play has really picked up.

IMO, Raymond Felton is easily the most athletic of the point guards that were drafted. I also think he has the best instincts for dishing the ball when in the open floor. He penetrates into the lane at will.

The only way I would have passed up an opportunity to get Marvin Williams was if I could have made a move to ensure getting Raymond Felton and Sean May.

so you are saying Felton's numbers over six games are about the same as Paul's for the season?