• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Season Splits: February stats

Lascar78

I was looking at the monthly stats, and the February stats in particular. It seems pretty clear that the joshes, marvin, and JJ are improving, and Al is fading. I don't know if Al's legs are just bothering him, but I'm increasingly hoping we'll trade him before the deadline even though I can't see it happening. Here are the monthly stats:

JJ: 18pts/ 8.7ast / 4.3reb / 1.1st in 40 mpg

Chill: 12.7 / 5.1reb / 1.7ast / 1.1st in 30mpg

Smoove: 9.6 / 8.3reb / 2.86blk / 1.9ast / .9stl in 29mpg

Marvin: 7.8 / 5reb / 1.3ast in 25mpg

Al: 14.7 / 6reb / 1.9ast in 33 mpg

JJ's assists and Smoove's boards seem impressive to me

adjusting chill's stats to be the same as Al (10% more)

Chill: 14.0 / 5.6reb / 1.9ast / 1.2st in 33mpg

Al: 14.7 / 6reb / 1.9ast / .4 st in 33 mpg

so yeah, basically the same. Pretty impressive. Of course it's just 1/2 a month. Hopefully Chill can continue to be proactive on offense by driving the ball and attacking consistently

• Premium Member

Their mintues may be similar, but their roles are not. When Al is on the floor, he is our "guy" or at least one of them. If Chill is to produce, he needs the green light (as he had at the beginning of the season...) but he also needs to hit the gas when he gets it.

Too often, he is just a facilitator...helping others to hit their shots. While this is good, and shows what kind of team player he is, Chill has a tendency to sink into that method and disappear completely - save for his pretty consistent efforts on the defensive end.

More minutes won't help him produce if he's going to play like that; but if he maintains his aggressiveness AND gets more minutes, you will see much more of what he's capable of.